Brands, Products and Promotions

Kraft Singles cheese has been renamed Dairylea Singles, after Bega Cheese bought the majority of Mondelez’s Australian and New Zealand grocery and dairy business.

I wonder how long before the Conservatives chuck-a-mental about this ad. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Coca-Cola’s ‘Pool Boy’ ad to run locally in Australia

1 Like

I saw the new Yowies at IGA the other day, was going to get one for nostalgic purposes then saw the price. $3.99

1 Like

Well at least they’re finally here again, I’ve been following its return since about 2012 when I stumbled across the Perth based Yowie Group Website. I think they previously expected them to come here in Spring 2014, but they’ve been busy building the brand internationally, and since they’ve rolled off over a million on the production line in Florida, I’d say they’re here to stay! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is another new co-branded product.

Thins with Oporto Chilli Sauce.

2 Likes

BHP Billiton becomes BHP again but the new logo is a bit lacklustre

BHP drops Billiton from its name, changes logo in new PR campaign
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/bhp-drops-billiton-from-its-name-changes-logo-in-new-pr-campaign/news-story/7c138fae75fb2a3d329eddad58e0981f

1 Like

It struck me, when the new BHP print advertising campaign started last week, that the new logo doesn’t look too dissimilar to the one they used in the '70s and '80s. Only major difference seems to be the symbol on the left.

3 Likes

Shame, I loved the blob logo.

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t include a symbol in the new logo.

Maybe the second object in the old logo which was the two circles merging would have been a good evolving logo. It looks like a “b” for “bhp”.

1 Like

You’re kidding? The blob in that logo looks like something the neighbour’s dog left in my front yard a few days ago.

I freakin’ hate lower case lettering in logos for major companies. It’s bad enough most damn tech companies do it.

It reminded me of Flubber.

1 Like

Why does your neighbour’s dog hate you so much? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had to google that.

You’d hate me too if I threw the crap you left behind in my yard at your head when your master wasn’t watching.

I’ve got my cranky old man pants on tonight thanks to the lying bastards at “Service NSW”. Now there’s a government department whose brand is totally opposite to what they do.

1 Like

NewsWeary Strikes Back. :joy:

1 Like

what is that thing in the logo? I can’t even make it out.

This is the one I remember:

I remember they sponsored 60 Minutes for years.

1 Like

That logo was memorable although I don’t know what it’s supposed to be either. A stylised map of Australia made from steel bits?

1 Like

news.com.au on the Kraft brand disappearing by the end of the year. But it will be back when KraftHeinz slaps it other products in the future.
http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/kraft-one-of-the-worlds-biggest-food-brands-to-be-phased-out-in-australia-and-new-zealand/news-story/acbec56cd9b9283cb4bc18628488b47d

1 Like

This will be the 3rd time they’ve replaced the sign on their building in Perth in less then 5 years. (first sign was just “bhpbillition”, then they replaced the sign with a version that included the blobs, and now this new one to come).

It’s meant to represent BHP and Billiton merging into one.

I wonder how much the design company got paid to essentially open up Paint, bring up ‘orange’ in the tray, and write B H P.

3 Likes