Brands, Products and Promotions

Just Gillette cashing in on a current trend.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a clever extension of their existing marketing. The first time you shave is a kind of memorable moment in growing up, so they are an appropriate brand to be trying to give that message of behaviour, certainly more than other brands youā€™d start using as a teenager - like if Lynx tried to put out an ad like this.

Certainly not worthy of any backlash - the ad itself acknowledges good guys for the ā€œnot all menā€ crowd.

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t surprise me if most of the whiners havenā€™t actually watched the ad.

The ad itself isnā€™t particularly mind-blowing, if it was released a decade ago it wouldā€™ve came and went without such a huge fuss.

Thereā€™s a new Kit Kat Red Velvet Whirrl

It joins Triple Choc Whirl and Choc Mint Whirl varieties:

2 Likes

Mrs Frankie came home today with a pack of Bertie Beetle ice creams. We were most excited and had one after lunch. Quite a tasty treat.

Interestingly, the brand is still owned by Nestle and the ice cream made under license by Peters. For those unfamiliar with Bertieā€™s origin, they were developed by Hoadleyā€™s ( later sold to Rowntree before Nestle) to use up scraps of Violet Crumble which was recently sold to Roben Menz in South Australia.

The latest Lamb ad.

2 Likes

ā€œ04ā€¦ā€ yeh, thatā€™s itā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, dialed J by mistake once when I was trying to call @OnAir. Heā€™s on 05.

2 Likes

like the lottery episode in The Simpsons and Chief Wiggumā€¦ no you got the wrong number, this is 9 1 ā€¦ 2

3 Likes

Actually the correct number, as revealed in the Stonecutters ep.

1 Like

In Old Zealand. :joy:

1 Like
1 Like

Coming soon to a public swimming pool near you because that prank never got old.

4 Likes

A classic scene:

1 Like

From The Project 10 years ago.

Brownes are doing retro cartons to celebrate 25 years! Iā€™ve only seen a Coffee Chill version so far.

This design dates back at least 19 years going by this commercial from 2000:

4 Likes

Just saw these in Coles today, should go back to this style of packaging permanently IMO!

4 Likes

Saw some new Tim Tams in Woolies today.

From memory there was choc malt with sticky caramel, dark? choc with sticky raspberry, and a third one.

If it wasnā€™t for the fact that Iā€™m watching my sugar intake (and kicking arse too BTW), Iā€™d be all over that.

I agree! I feel the older look makes the product look premium and classic.