Brands, Products and Promotions

The Kraft licence expires at the end of this year, the press release stated, so Bega has to rebrand all Kraft products.

Yeah. So wouldnā€™t they be rebranding them as Bega rather than using another licenced brand name?

Yes I am aware of that, I was talking about the new Dairylea packaging with the old Kraft logo, they hadnā€™t owned Vegemite in a while (since 2012 I think?), Iā€™m just wondering if theyā€™ll be prominent with the company brand like it was with Kraft for many years (with the logo at the bottom), of if it will be a case of just seeing company name in the fine print, but Iā€™d imagine Bega Cheese would like to make it loud and clear they own it, and itā€™s 100% Australian after over 80 years of Amercian ownership.

And Iā€™m aware of that too, so if thatā€™s the case, does that include Kraft products outside the Mondelezā€™s deal or no? As someone stated, is it possible that Kraft Heinz could expand its operation to Australia in the future? If that would be the case, how would things work then?

Some other things Iā€™m curious about is if taste will change in anyway after the rebranding of all Kraft products, as Iā€™d imagine Kraft has all rights for all their recipes in their products, so could Cheesybite and Mac & Cheese be affected by this? Would that also signal the end of the Kraft brand in Australia after the licence expires when Bega have to rebrand everything Kraft branded?

Kraft keeps the Philadelphia cheese spread under the Bega deal, plus Mondelez may launch other products here, so the Kraft brand will still be in Australia for a while yet.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s right, I forgot about that, I kinda like seeing the Kraft brand every now and then since it disappeared off Vegemite almost 5 years ago. I guess the new ownership also dashes hopes of Cadbury Vegemite chocolate ever returning again, as Cadbury is apart of Mondelez.

The Kraft brand disappeared off Philadelphia cream cheese the same time it disappeared off Vegemite. Interestingly, Mondelez owns the Philadelphia trademark not Kraft despite Kraft still making it in the US.

1 Like

No reason they canā€™t license or partner up to make it, but was it that popular in the end? I tried it, but probably wouldnā€™t have bothered with it again.

Arnotts and Gelato Messina have teamed up to release some new Tim Tams ā€œinspiredā€ by the gelato maker: Choc mint, Black Forest, Vanilla and Salted Caramel, and Coconut and Lychee.

1 Like

Put it inside me.

3 Likes

Always thought Choc Mint was a Tim Tam flavour we needed.

2 Likes

I liked these alot, back when I ate copius amounts of Tim Tams.

Salted Caramel! :heart_eyes: And mixed with vanilla, that sounds interestingā€¦ They did have a chewy Caramel Tim Tams, but I will try these if I see them! :yum:

1 Like

this is a family forum

6 Likes

They must think that the licenced tie-in must bring them more sales because theyā€™ve had a a Black Forest and Choc Mint variety before (although the cream filling is green this time). They may have also had the Salted Caramel and Coconut & Lychee varieties too.

Pretty sure one of the Heston flavours was salted caramel. Coconut and Lychee Iā€™m pretty sure they havenā€™t had before, though they had a coconut one relatively recently (possibly also one of the Heston ones?)

I just tried one of these new Cadbury Twirl Orange today.

Love it because itā€™s Dairy Milk with Orange. The combo is usually done by other brands but with dark chocolate. Also love the Dairy Milk with Mint variety.

Theyā€™re both pretty good but I reckon the mint one is nicer. The orange flavour wasnā€™t strong enough IMO.

1 Like

Funny enough, you can get Choc Mint Tim Tamsā€¦ in America.
In fact, check out their US site: https://www.itsnotacookie.com/

I noticed the Gobbledok has made a return to Smithā€™s Crisps packets. He was part of one of their most successful advertising campaigns back in the 80s.

Also, the Bega Tasty Cheese variety has been brought back for a limited time only.

2 Likes

Has the Gobbledok made an appearance outside the limited edition packets?