Brands, Products and Promotions

The Barista Brothers stuff tastes alright to someone who hates coffee (i.e. myself) because it’s obviously loaded with sugar, but realistically speaking if someone wants an energy boost, they’ll just buy…an energy drink.

Just arrived today. Got that flavour slightly wrong. It’s actually toffee almond panna cotta.

1 Like

Rowntrees fruit pastels and there was this chocolate you can buy that is in a tube, might be mistaking it with something else.

We had those. I’m pretty sure they were originally marketed as Rowntree Fruit Pastilles. There are LifeSavers Fruit Pastilles now so I suspect they took them over.

Just like the old Allen’s Fruit Tingles. They are LifeSavers Fruit Tingles now.

2 Likes

Bought this at Coles today.

3 Likes

Coke signed an exclusivity deal with my uni meaning the drinks vending machines would only sell coke stuff. they got rid of red bull and replaced it with mother and replaced the flavoured milk with barista brothers.

it went down like a bag of you know what. the on campus store had to add more fridges for the other brands as people were coming into the store to buy the milk they were getting from vending machines.

i don’t like barista bros myself - i find it too gritty and chalky

I miss them. Are they still on sale here?

There are a few specialty lolly shops around which have British and American imports.

The British Lolly Shop is in Harbourside Shopping Centre at Darling Harbour in Sydney. British Sweets and Treats was at Bondi Junction but now only sells online but you can pick up your order at Waterloo.

Re-branded as Lifesavers, most newsagents stock them.

1 Like

Treats From Home in the Piccadilly arcade is great too, I used to visit them often when they were in the Glasshouse a few years ago.

My uni campus probably has the same kind of exclusivity agreement, but they also stock Mother as well as Barista Brothers drinks in all the vending machines and stores on campus (as Mother is a Coca Cola brand).

I had visited the Glasshouse shop many times before H&M opened in the space. Had no idea it moved to Piccadilly. I’ll have to check it out.

1 Like

New lines coming in April and May:

• Red Bull Coconut Berry
  • Kit Kat Chunky Choc Fudge Sundae
  • M&M’s Fruit & Nut Block
  • Cadbury Dairy Milk Boost Block
  • Cadbury Dairy Milk Moro Block
  • Ice Break Bold
  • Cheezels Cheese & Bacon
  • Kettle Popcorn Cups
4 Likes

M&M’s fruit & nut block has my attention.

Why hello there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They’ve been around for a while, I think. At Woolworths the current price is cheaper than in May 2017.

1 Like

I saw this at woolies on Friday

1 Like

Moro still isn’t found easily in Australia though apart from in favourites assortments, so that’s an interesting move. Lots of Kiwis will be very excited though.

Coles Express always seem to stock Moro now. 7-Eleven do as well, but usually a double choc form that’s not as good as the original.

Moro > Mars. Fact.

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes