Brands, Products and Promotions

I’m a salt and vinegar guy, so my chip requirements are generally satisfied by the local products on offer (Vale: Salt and Vinegar French fries :sleepy:)

5 Likes

This guy gets it :cry:

1 Like

I feel your pain.

There won’t be an alternative, but these things are bloody good. Coles sells them in their gluten free section, and they have a nice strong flavour

3 Likes

Some IGA stores have a bigger range of Piranha chips, more than what I’ve seen at Coles and Woolworths.

2 Likes

Still get Ruffles showbags at the Royal Show!

I still miss Toobs. :cry:

3 Likes

Yeah, the independent stores have the full lineup. Coles only do Sea Salt and Salt & Vinegar. Haven’t seen any of them at Woolies.

1 Like

Just plain old Doritos and Smiths for me, there was a british home brand type one that was good. I think it was the ASDA (Walmart) ones, there is another flavour of Doritos that name escapes me. I think it has yellow packaging.

Twisties and the like are horrible. Australian confectionery is meh, British confectionery is a bit better.

Blasphemy. How dare you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I used to like them as a kid and then only had them very rarely over the years. I rediscovered them a few years ago as an adult and now I’m obsessed. I have to have them almost every week. :laughing:

What British confectionery is better?

Nacho Cheese? I don’t really like them. Cheese Supreme or plain old Original with medium salsa for me.

I’ve recently been able to order Cheetos Puffs through Smiths. I’m pretty sure they disappeared from shelves a long time ago. Or local shops just never stocked them.

1 Like

Some other ‘new news’… Coke is bringing out three new flavours of Barista Bros coffee! Can’t remember them all but one of them is Choc Hazelnut Panna Cotta

Ranch is my go to for just a snack, but when you want melted cheese always go for the authentic brands (or original dorito’s)

Agreed. Mission are great for nachos

1 Like

Should be bringing them straight out to the trash.
UHT based flavoured milk will never take off no matter how much money Coke throws at it.

3 Likes

Coffee from a vending machine will always be a good idea.

I’d rather they take the Japanese route and put black coffee into cans. Market it as cold brew and it’d do well.

Must be trying them out again. I saw them in Coles last week.

Costco have them in 255gm bags. They’re made in Australia.

165g bag on special at Coles this week for $3.

Did some further investigating.

Coles and Woolies no longer stock them but IGA have 35 items in the Tostitos range:
Yellow Corn Simply Tostitos Organic
Blue Corn Simply Tostitos Organic
Bite Size Rounds Tortilla Chips
Hint of Jalapeno Tortilla chips
Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
Multigrain Tortilla chips
Artisan Grilled Red Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Chips
Artisan Roasted Garlic & Black Bean Tortilla Chips
Restaurant Style Tortillas Chips
Scoops Tortillas Chips
Multigrain Scoops Tortilla Chips
Organic Scoops Tortilla Chips