Brands, Products and Promotions

Last year, Curtis Stone put his name on a Cadbury Caramel Slice chocolate block. This year, they have Curtis Stone’s Raspberry & Hazelnut Tart. Tried it today and it’s very good.

230121_cadbury_cs_s05_1683_v01.02

Bega has released the Happy Little Vegemite remake.

2 Likes

Cringe, music is very “how do you do fellow kids”. Otherwise it’s good to see they are bringing this to the next generation. TikTok dances section didn’t need to be included imo.

Right. So you don’t like the music which is from the orginal jingle but you also don’t like the contemporary Tik Tok style?

1 Like

I like the original, not this remixed version with the added beat and dubstep elements.

Admittedly at first I didn’t know if this was a Vegemite ad or the latest drop from Skrillex

3 Likes

The new Vegemite ad looks alright.

I notice that they have removed all references of Kraft from the classic Vegemite commercials and also one of the old jars.

1 Like

Bangarang!

3 Likes

South Australian bakery Balfours has been sold to Aus Pie Co of Perth, which also owns Mrs Mac’s Pies. Balfours was purchased by pasta maker San Remo in 2008.

2 Likes

Can they expand into Victoria firstly? As an ex-South Aussie, I miss their products!

Frozen Balfours pies are sold in Coles and Woolworths supermarkets in Victoria.

1 Like

I’m referring to “fresh” products, Woolworths used to sell refrigerated pies and pasties but stopped years ago.

Even the frozen pies are a bit hit and miss to find.

Woolworths is now selling refrigerated National Pies from Tasmania. You should be able to find them in the meat department.

I noticed a heap of Cadbury Moro bars being stacked on the front aisle shelves of Woolies tonight for a “better than half price” promotion starting tomorrow. I assume they have just relaunced it in Australia since I haven’t seen these in years. I did some research and apparently they stopped making them in 2018 when the Cadbury factory shut in Dunedin and they didn’t have the equipment to make them in Australia.

2 Likes

Moro have been available in Coles/Woolies for years, but stocked in the international foods section (though not all stores had NZ products within their international section)

IIRC they’ve been produced in Australia for some time, but mostly for sale in NZ.

They were added to the “local” Cadbury lineup in the confectionary aisle at Woolies a couple of months ago.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Hadn’t noticed any Moro bars in the local section in my supermarkets before this week.

You can buy refrigerated Garlos Pies in a lot of NSW stores

And a shame it did. Used to love the walkthrough attraction they had there with the giant chocolate waterfall in the big purple silo, the museum I would casually browse while waiting for the tour to start, and of course the free samples throughout. Cadbury hasn’t really been the same to me since. Damn you Mondelez.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I was referring to Balfours fresh pies and pasties.

same as pineapple lumps - although ive noticed they are being more and more moved out of the international food section and into just confectionary

1 Like