Brands, Products and Promotions

Superspreader events. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Earth’s too crowded as it is. Perfect opportunity to wipe out a few and make some quick dough on the side. :rofl:

It appears Telstra is undergoing a branding refresh that coincided just before the beginning of the 2023 AFL Season, featuring a remixed take on the legacy dark blue and orange corporate colours, now being predominantly fluro blue and salmon, instead of the multicoloured gradient-style used since the mid 2010s.

The new colour variants have appeared in various usages, such as on the AFL Inside 50 arcs, digital banners, and recent advertisements as well:

Not to mention a new rounded design language as well and updated typeface:

Old typeface:

New:

The Telstra Tracker has received the same treatment:

7 Likes

Cheer cheese remains top-selling brand after Coon name change

So much for “go woke, go broke” — Aussie shoppers are still cheering for Cheer.

When the iconic cheese Coon changed its “offensive” name in 2021, some outraged shoppers vowed to boycott the brand declaring it was “cancel culture” and “political correctness gone mad”.

Between 2018 and 2020, Coon was the leading brand with an 8.9 per cent market share, according to Euromonitor data. In 2021, under the new name Cheer, it increased that share to 9 per cent, and 9.2 per cent in 2022.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/cheer-cheese-remains-topselling-brand-after-coon-name-change/news-story/8250597190724e0a79217987fd7f1955

The name change actually improved sales and market share.

8 Likes

Almost like this controversy was always a bunch of imported American culture war nonsense that didn’t remotely reflect how the buying public actually feel!

8 Likes

If you want to see some melting snowflakes mixed in with a bit of not so casual racism head to the comments section.

Next they’ll be claiming grocery sales data is rigged.

1 Like

Very disappointing . I still won’t buy it regardless of whatever specials they advertise. It is not racist to be named after a person. Also hardly ever saw the word used in a negative way except for one time by a ~60 year old female, and that was online and towards an Asian person.

Good luck to them anyway. Next they’ll want people with that name to change it.

If there is stigma around a name or it causes shame, then people would prefer to change it than continue to fight a battle over it. My uncle’s family changed their surname themselves about a hundred years ago because it sounded very close to a profanity. They were sick of the ridicule and people often using the profanity. Best thing they ever did, my uncle would say.

I also have a mate whose grandfather changed the family name when he got married. They just didn’t like the negative connotations of the surname so his branch of the family went on to use a new name. Happens more often than you think.

Difference there being you are making your own mind, and not making a sound and dance about it. The change with this brand was a knee-jerk reaction to common whingers who always find something to complain about. Those kind of people need to be shut down.

You want people to be quiet about something even if they find it offensive? This wayof thinking is from 100 years ago. Most of us have thankfully noved on from there.

1 Like

If my name was a racial epithet, I’d change my name.

3 Likes

About time they gave some caramilk variants a shot.

All of these sound great.

1 Like

Is there anything else they want to shove in chocolate? :rofl:

2 Likes

Weetbix or Cornflakes?
They could then try and break into the breakfast market?!

1 Like

Depends on context of how bad it is. Many names out there that can or are turned around in negative ways.

Don’t give them any ideas.
You can eat chocolate for breakfast in any case if you really wanted to.

Here’s some more “ideas”
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/south-east/cadbury-vegemite-inspires-rainbow-of-funky-flavours/news-story/077fc20da5cce241ff3105da7bb8f29a

1 Like

I knew someone would say that! :rofl:

Blending it with cereal could allow them to market it as ‘healthier’ than chocolate.

Crispy cornflakes inside milk chocolate would actually work.

Well, these new chocolate blocks have rice bubbles in them so why not?

1 Like