Brands, Products and Promotions

Whisky for Breakfast instead of chockie milk? Hardcore!

I think Tejas57 is talking about Suntory Boss canned coffee, which is becoming more widely available in supermarkets after parallel imports have been sold in Asian grocery stores for the past two decades.

1 Like

well when you work with lawyers all day, drinking is the best way to get though itā€¦

yeah they stock them at the woolies next to work - the caramel latte is quite good

1 Like

As long as they donā€™t touch Fanta Raspberry, we good. :relieved:

Good to hear about a hopefully improved Fanta formula, the current one sucks and has for a few years now, with purchasing Sunkist (my preferred) or a generic label being a better alternative.

They also butchered Sprite as it tastes more bitter than acidic. :confounded:

2 Likes

Yeah they used to market Sprite as a taste of lemon lime but it now just tastes like sugar.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand this - itā€™s not amazing, but the accessibility of being in vending machines meant Iā€™ve bought them a lot as a quick thing of coffee when itā€™s too early for an energy drink and I donā€™t have enough time to wait for a normal coffee.

Would have thought it would be selling well enough to keep around. The Boss stuff is good but way too expensive.

Both of these things make no sense to me - Iā€™d have thought No Sugar coke would be much closer than 25% of normal Coke - it certainly looks like that in supermarkets.

Similarly, Iā€™d think thereā€™s no chance Diet Coke is anywhere near Pepsi Max, unless they mean the collection of ā€œDietā€ Coke products vs Pepsi Max, eg inclusive of ā€˜No Sugarā€™. Again just compare the shelf space Pepsi Max gets vs the space Diet Coke does.

1 Like

Wish theyā€™d bring back some of the other flavours. We must be due - they seem to expand the range right out, then cut back to just orange, before slowly reintroducing flavours again.

1 Like

He didnā€™t go into much detail on that stuff, but apparently the east coast are big Diet Coke drinkers.

He is a retail rep, so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s just bottled and canned Diet Coke or if it includes maccas and hungry jacks etc.

Plans for Guzman y Gomez Ballarat location on Albert Street before council

Signs alerting residents a Mexican food chain was coming to the area have been up for a number of weeks, with official planning documents now before the City of Ballarat.
Planning documents, put together by Tract, confirm the site for the new Guzman y Gomez Mexican takeaway restaurant will be at 222 Albert Street and 2 Ophir Street, next to the Sebastopol Coles.

Two lots will be combined to make way for the two food venues.

The store currently on the site, Launch It 4x4, would be demolished.

if approved it would make it the 2nd location in regional Victoria. The 1st is in Beindigo

2 Likes

This is the worst packaging for strawberries I have ever seen. These were on sale in Woolies in Byron Bay today. The white on the label reminds me of the fungus that grows on old strawberries.

6 Likes

The font choice is just bizarre.

3 Likes

Maybe all the hippies like that?

2 Likes

Mind altering fungus? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Who knows!
Itā€™ll alter something, thatā€™s for sureā€¦
Theyā€™ll try anything for some kind of a ā€˜hitā€™.

2 Likes

Maccas just got rid of it this year :angry:. I hope it is still a decent seller though - Iā€™ve been drinking it for almost 30 years. I can stomach small very occasional doses of No Sugar/Zero but Diet Coke is my jam and it annoys me when places donā€™t have it - offering up No Sugar insteadā€¦ uh, no thanks.
I was also a regular buyer of the caffeine free Diet but since they switched it out for No Sugar - :x: no sale.

2 Likes

Iā€™m the opposite, love No Sugar, donā€™t like Diet.

1 Like
4 Likes

Mint and malt doesnā€™t sound like a good combo.

1 Like

Agree, PASS!

Interesting how the McCain Seasonal Mix still has the older logo on the back packagingā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes