Brands, Products and Promotions

More concerning is the headline, Maxibons aren’t particularly “iconic” in the history of Australian ice creams, according to Peters, released in 2000.

If anything, I find them a bit on the big side.

1 Like

I remember Rove it might’ve been doing ads for Maxibon where he challenged people to see how quick they could eat one.

Smooth Hazelnut Kit Kat is new.

2 Likes

Came across some questionable flavour choices in the current Woolies catalogue.

4 Likes

Cola flavoured popcorn sounds intriguing, but as for the others, it’s a big fat NO from me.

The cinnamon donut Froot Loops are alright, however I think the original ones are better IMO.

1 Like

A bit of Coke news

Coke Raspberry is being relaunched.

New Fanta formula releasing soon, packaging will feature a blue cap to imitate Sunkist.

Coke No Sugar is quietly being renamed Coke Zero Sugar

Sprite will be rebottled in a clear bottle (green bottle is worse for the environment). Very hard to differentiate between Sprite and Sprite No Sugar.

Despite poor sales, Coke will persist with Sprite Lemon + due to immense investment.

Barista Bros is being discontinued with no replacement.

Cascade being replaced with Kirks.

Source: mutual friend who’s a coke rep.

5 Likes

After all that kicking and screaming about rebranding, they quietly go back anyway.

No idea why they thought a long like flavoured milk product would be successful, not the first time Coke has tried to get into this market and probably won’t be the last.

1 Like

More tidbits.
Coke Vs No Sugar sales in Australia are about 75:25 with WA being 51:49.

European bosses are impressed with Diet Coke sales with them being on par with Pepsi Max.

2 Likes

People still call it Coke Zero. It was such a stupid rebranding to No Sugar.

Another stupid move to change their Lemon Lift to a variant of Sprite and add caffeine to it. Soft Drinks already have a reputation for being unhealthy so adding caffeine is just making them worse.

3 Likes

Perhaps because Kirks is a better known soft drink brand than Cascade.

Isn’t Cascade also a beer brand from Tasmania (owned by Lion Nathan)?

1 Like

Yes

I can understand the confusion of having a soft drink and a beer with the same name.

It’s a shame because the Cascade drinks always looked so much cooler than Kirks. The current labelling was toned down a bit but it had some really cool stuff in the past. Maybe they could use trendier labelling for the Kirks brand. It always looks No Frills to me in the shops.

You could have a totally Cascade shandy!

2 Likes

Good. I didn’t drink it as it was all Chalky and honestly gross. I’d rather have Suntory

wonder if its closer to the UK formula that has actual fruit juice in it and is more yellow. it was quite good.

That’s the same one throughout Europe. It actually looks and tastes less fake than the Fanta here. They market it as: containing 20 percent orange juice, natural orange flavourings, countless tingly bubbles and no colouring.

They even sell a non-carbonated version called Fanta Blue.

2 Likes

The UK version looks like piss.

I was very unhappy when they decided to stop making lift as I thought it was the best tasting lemon sqush available in Australia that isn’t over priced. Solo or the Kirk’s one doesn’t taste as good. I’ve been drinking it ever since I was a kid.
Lucky I brought some cans off Amazon before it was discontinued. Still have quite a few cans left.

1 Like

Appletiser is also becoming too expensive to import so that’s going too.