Brands, Products and Promotions

As exclusively reported in today’s Herald Sun, Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust has signed a new landmark drinks deal with Asahi Beverages Australia, which will see Pepsi, Solo etc. available exclusively in all five venues in the precinct (including Rod Laver Arena and AAMI Park).

Coca-Cola has been sold at events at AAMI Park up until the latest deal.

2 Likes

I wonder why they can’t ever have both? People want a variety, and not to have to settle for Pepsi when they want Coke and vice versa.

I’m guessing the venues get a better deal from Pepsi or Coca Cola in return for exclusivity.

1 Like

because of $$ - we went from buying drinks and selling them, to CCA supplying them, filling the machines and paying us a monthly amount.

I was on the uni student guild when they signed an exclusivity deal with CCA (I was against it). it meant all the vending machines were replaced with CCA product. people who were for it didn’t realise that it included not just Coke, but Barista Bro iced coffee (youck) and mother (replacing red bull)

This was repealed a year later but it cost the guild some money as students were extremely unhappy - especially about losing a 24/7 source of red bull and they made it abundantly clear, especially during market week

3 Likes

I get its about $$ but wouldnt it be nice if they thought of the consumer just even for 34 seconds.

2 Likes

Coke products will return to AAMI Park for short while during June and July when it hosts matches in the FIFA Women’s World Cup. Coca-Cola is a global sponsor of the tournament.

2 Likes

this is from an email i got being a peoples choice credit union customer :slight_smile:
Merger of Heritage Bank and People’s Choice credit union now official

We’re excited to confirm that Heritage and People’s Choice officially merged on Wednesday 1 March.
This followed an overwhelming vote in favour of the merger from the members of both organisations in November last year.

Together, we are now Australia’s leading customer-owned financial institution, with 720,000 members, 1,900 employees, more than $23 billion in assets and 95 branches across South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
n legal terms, we are now one single organisation, with the official name of “Heritage and People’s Choice Limited”.

However, we will continue trading under the existing brand names of “Heritage Bank” and “People’s Choice” for an interim period. In time, we will adopt a fresh, new brand name that reflects our aspirations to provide a compelling alternative to the listed bank sector for all Australians.

1 Like

So the “new” stadium will be renamed soon anyway?

1 Like

The only reason we demand profitability from AP is that we’ve turned it into a Government Owned Corporation and expect business-like performance for what is basically an essential service. We should be open to the postal service not posting a profit if it’s providing an acceptable level of service - there are plenty of other Government run services that we do this with.

It’s because of this that your local AP branch looks more like a discount department store than a place where you interact with the postal service.

The last few years have done irreparable damage to their operating model (some of by their own hand) - it’s clear they do not want to return to how they operated prior to COVID (eg, the Express Post Guarantee still hasn’t returned despite transport links being re-established)

7 Likes

Yeah, if they could stop sending out their catalogues it would be nice. I’m not interested in buying your cheap (but not cheap) crap.

Sounds like AP is little different to what’s become of NZ Post.

You have to wonder how much money they actually make from this rubbish, without fail a majority of the items I see in post offices end up reduced to clear. Particularly the As Seen on TV merchandise.

Given how crammed some POs are with the stuff, you’d have to imagine it covers the cost of taking so much floor space.

1 Like

CUB will release the brand new Victoria Bitter Xtra (VX for short) today. According to News Corp, a radio and TV ad with voiceover by William McInnes will air later this month.

VX will have 6% alcohol content (compared with traditional VB which has 4.6% alcohol content). VX will be sold in four-pack 250ml stubbies only, and won’t be available in Northern Territory.

1 Like

I haven’t had the old VB since the 1990s, so i wouldn’t mind trying this, but the small sizes and limited availability eg. not on tap in pubs is a bit of a turn off. I can understand the high alcohol content is why.

Looks like someone found the mould forma grenade and wondered what they could use them for. Haven’t seen that size for a long time.

1 Like

Interesting form factor.

Don’t think it’ll work out, I suspect they’ll price them way too high… I suspect it’ll be the same or higher price of an equivalent 6% ABV beer from a craft brewery.

I don’t get why they’ve downsized them (unless there is some avoidance of alcohol duty going on) - its not like the market isnt full of 350ml+ cans and bottles of 6+% ABV beer (or a larger, but lower ABV beer like the Mountain Culture I’m currently enjoying) at your local bottleshop

2 Likes

The makers of Toblerone chocolate bars will remove the Matterhorn mountain peak from its packaging after some of its production processes were moved outside of Switzerland.

In 2017, Switzerland introduced strict rules about the use of its national symbols in marketing.

Companies seeking to display Swiss iconography to promote milk-based products must be made exclusively in Switzerland. Other foods must be at least 80 percent made in Switzerland.

Labelling for the chocolate would now say it was “established in Switzerland”, rather than “of Switzerland”.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/maxicon-maxibon-ice-creams-to-shrink-in-size-amid-cost-of-living-pressure/news-story/3ab103f4b6dfa76852ceb2d81cb1ff2c

Maxibon ice creams are set to shrink as the company tries to preserve profits during the cost of living crisis.

“It’s not news you’ll want to cop, but we had to let you know first. Tough times mean tough changes. And because of that, we’ve had to make the call to downsize our Maxibon a touch,” the company shared on Instagram.

“So, from this month, you’ll notice the changes, but our Maxibons will have the same taste you know and love.”

2 Likes

https://www.9news.com.au/national/maxibon-reduce-size-shrinkflation-cost-of-living-australia/d204f9d0-106c-45e6-b0b2-8d580d657ddb?ocid=Social-9News

The change will come into effect this month, although it was not revealed how much the size of the ice cream will be dropping by. The recommended retail price of the products will remain the same.