Brands, Products and Promotions

Does it smell like Lemon Squash? Does anyone want to smell like lemons?

2 Likes

Well, you can get lemon scented Spray n Wipe and dishwashing liquid and other things like that, so it’s not the worst idea, But I don’t think I’d use this one.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 8.37.37 am

I’ve been using this all summer. It also works well as salad dressing.

Although, I worry that it encourages huffing amongst the healthy-eating crowd.

1 Like

I don’t think Spray n Wipe can be used as a deodorant. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
3 Likes

AOCIA?

2 Likes

I guess they think that Avocado Oil would appeal to health conscious customers but the price of these in the supermarket makes them unappealing. $6.50 for a 135g pack. :crazy_face:

It’s like looking at the KIA logo and only seeing a K and a backwards N.

3 Likes

Even if this is intended to be a premium product, it feels like a lot of brands are deciding to push boundaries a bit with pricing considering the inflationary environment - I’m not convinced these will be flying off the shelves either.

1 Like

Yikes. They’d be overpriced at half price.

1 Like

An overhaul of how Australia Post will operate is on the cards, driven by a decline in letter deliveries while parcel services are booming.

The federal government has launched a discussion paper aimed at modernising the postal service and making it more financially sustainable.

Rowland said while nothing had been decided yet, the changes would be a “productivity driver”.

Post to remain public

Public consultation on the discussion paper is open until April 27.

1 Like

If overall Australia Post is still profitable that is what matters. People still need receive letters for a variety of reasons and I don’t think limiting delivery is the way to go.

The parcel business is a lot slower then it has ever been and they need to stop using Covid and staff shortages as an excuse and improve the service. They are crying poor but their business is still very profitable overall. Yes they are regulated to provide letter deliveries and that should not change. Just deal with it. If the business wasn’t overall profitable they would have something to complain about.

When I have to go to the Post Office to pick up a parcel I find it an unnecessary annoying experience. You have to line up with the other customers which most are also picking up parcels with no dedicated desk. Plus the back room seems very unorganised at my local Post Office so it takes longer to find the item. I would force them all to have a dedicated parcel counter and a better organisation.

1 Like

This is not the case this financial year. AP is projected to make a loss of over $100m.

AP has been propped up by the profit in the parcels side of the business, but this does not make up for the losses in the letters side anymore.

2 Likes

this is why i love parcel lockers - just a SMS verification or a QR code, and BAM! you got your package.

3 Likes

Doesn’t have the convenience of coming to your house though.

1 Like

Problem is most POs are quite small, or at least not greatly edit-able.

But given so many cases of people stealing delivered parcels at the front door in recent years, parcel lockers are a good option.

3 Likes

Agree, we have that issue of parcels being stolen in my apartment building.

I have changed my parcel delivery to an SMS and pick up at the local PO which doesn’t have lockers.

3 Likes

The ones that are in local shopping centres can easily do it. My local one at least 5 counters. But yes it would be more difficult for the smaller franchise LPOs that may have one or 2 counters. But not impossible.

How much of the loss they have reported is one off expenses relating to new facilities to deal with increases in their parcel business?

1 Like