Brands, Products and Promotions

Vapes are regulated, you’re supposed to only get ones with nicotine via prescription but it clearly does not work.

2 Likes

Vapes can be a useful tool to get pre-existing tobacco smokers to reduce and eventually stop their nicotine addition. However, with the generation under probably 30yo it has exploded over the last 6-7 years, and it is clear the market has used the lack of medical research on longer-term effects to their advantage because many users associate the steam rather than smoke emission as a way of saying there is no impact on others so I can continue to look cool and there are no longer-term impacts, but we know there absolutely will be.

Education continues to be poor, despite the fact I am a product of the public education system and I understand, although I had parents that both life-long smokers. The fact is that all smoking is bad for you, doesn’t matter what it is and how it is packaged. They clearly don’t understand nicotine addiction nor the lifelong negative habits that come out of smoking, which make you nothing but another sucker for the smoking market.

2 Likes

A Limited Edition Peanut Butter flavoured Nutri Grain has returned to shelves but this time it’s a Bega collab.

Kiwi shoe polish will stop selling in Britain, its current owner SC Johnson has announced.

Australian Lamb ad for 2023 is “Un-Australia”.

2 Likes

Spicy hot Twisties are back but strangely they are marketing them as a Doritos collab because they are using the same Flamin’ Hot Cheese Supreme flavour.

Some new items in the chocolate aisle this week - Gold Maltesers and Coconut Bounty m&ms.

Mint Twirl, and Hazlenut Kit Kat are also back for another run.

Oh no, please make it stop :nauseated_face:

Coconut M&M’s have been out before. It’s just this time they’ve co branded them with ‘Bounty’.

Good. I missed those even though they’ve only been off the shelves for a few months.

2 Likes

Watch as this turns out to be a Super Bowl-related promotional stunt.

6 Likes

The outrage and attacks by conservatives and Fox News about the M&Ms not being sexy enough any more look like a parody of Fox News but they are actually real. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t understand this thinking that M&Ms were somehow thought to be sexy and all this time we’re supposed to have been ogling them with lustful thoughts?!? You’re right, it’s like a parody but it’s real life.

1 Like

100%
Red and yellow are too iconic for them to just dump.

They mention how they didn’t think they’d break the internet, so they tried (and succeeded again)

https://amp.delicious.com.au/food-files/news-articles/article/oak-released-splice-pine-lime-flavoured-milk/2fvyjqsx

Never far from controversy that Splice :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Hasn’t this been done before?

3 Likes

Why do they claim its “controversial” other than for clicks? It seems a pretty natural thing to sell lime icy pole over ice cream its basically the same thing as a Bulla Split

Haven’t you heard how “controversial” Splice has been in the history of Australia? :laughing: