Brands, Products and Promotions

Haven’t been here for a while and sorry if it’s already been brought up, but recent guilty pleasures:

Allen’s “Kirks” soft drink bottles (flavor profiles a spitting image of the actual drinks!)

Life Savers gummy lolly range, especially the rings.

1 Like

At the risk of starting up the Parmi/Parma debate (for the 50 millionth time :stuck_out_tongue: ) Smith’s have these Limited Edition Chicken Parmi out now:
Parmi or parma? Smith’s releases chicken parmigiana-flavoured chips

3 Likes

Spelt the right way. Good.

1 Like

There’s a poll in the article.

1 Like

Oof. Parmi/parmy winning by a significant margin!

Fixed.

4 Likes

I knew it. Some just can’t resist.

Updated, not many votes though, I think it will continue moving back and forth for now.

Mars Wrigley bars such as Mars Bars and Snickers will begin the transition to paper wrapping in Australia in April, with all chocolate produced by the company to be recyclable, reusable or compostable by 2025.

The trials and development of the food-safe packaging cost about $2.5 million.

“We’re very confident that our new paper packaging material maintains the exact same level of freshness and quality that our consumers expect,” (Mars Research and development director Chris) Hutton said.

"There will be some increased costs associated with producing the bars in paper wrapping, but over time as we find efficiencies that will come down.

"None of the increased costs will be passed on to consumers.

“We believe this is something consumers expect of brands, and we won’t be asking them to pay more for it.”

1 Like

No increased costs, but wonder if we’ll see some shrinkflation alongside the introduction of this new packaging.

3 Likes

Silly question, but is it waterproof? Any stock hit by water would otherwise become worthless.

3 Likes

We had paper wrappers before we had plastic. Cadbury was wrapped in foli then paper. I can rember waxed paper on lollies and chocolates.

5 Likes

Next time you’re at the shops, check out Smarties share bags, they are already in the paper style packaging. It has a slight coated feel to it.

3 Likes

So why are vapes still allowed to be sold in flashy colours and packaging? I see the vapes and packaging littering car parks and roads everywhere. Seems like most ypunger people who smoke are smoking those than cigarettes now

3 Likes
1 Like

I don’t smoke so this doesn’t really affect me but explain how banning menthol cigarettes is meant to help when you can still get everything else to do with tobacco smoking. And that’s not even counting the fact we now have vaping and let’s not even get into whatever els people smoke… :roll_eyes:

I have seen multiple people at my school vape on a daily basis. I think only 1/5 get caught as a lot put the vape under their shirts and do it far away from teachers in the basketball court etc.

They need to ban flavoured vapes

3 Likes

Yes. I can’t understand why vape, as a new product, was allowed to be introduced given we have known the dangers of smoking for decades.

1 Like

Hence my idea on how it needs to be regulated. If people want vapes, Nicotine or not. They should be regulated as Tobacco products with warning labels on the side and a ban on the sale of vapes to people under 18.