Brands, Products and Promotions

No for me… Actually, I reckon Peanut butter would work better….

ew, no thanks.

2 Likes

People are polarised by the Vegemite name, but forget its actually a savoury food addition at its core.

1 Like

But, why spoil the flavour of a good roast chicken with Vegemite? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think it’d be great.

1 Like

Coles PR machine working this morning - simultaneously on Sunrise and Today.

2 Likes

Long before Coles released roast chicken with Vegemite stuffing, there have been recipes on roast chicken basted or marinated with Vegemite. Here is one:

My friend tried this yesterday. She was disappointed with the Vegemite chicken (not enough flavour) however said the cheese stuffing was great.

Karl’s face says it all.

The new owner of Mrs Mac’s Pies has been revealed.

Aus Pie Co is backed by Melbourne billionaires and service station proprietors Avi Silver and Eddie Hirsch, which also own fuel and convenience company United Petroleum and Pie Face.

1 Like

Makes sense.

Fascinating that United’s decision to accquire Pie Face and cut the middleman out of service station pie sales has resulted in them buying out one of the very middlemen they were avoiding in the first place.

3 Likes

Allen’s has announced that its Jelly Beans will soon be 100% vegan. They will be made using plant-based colouring ingredients, such as beetroot and paprika, rather than carmine, a food colouring made from cochineal beetles.

1 Like

I think I’d rather have lollies with food colouring that comes from beetroot than beetles. :beetle: :lady_beetle:

1 Like

Would you say this if you didn’t know?

1 Like

Sure. Blissful ignorance.

1 Like

Saw these perplexing Vegemite labels in the supermarkets today.

2 Likes

FIFA announced Friday that beer will not be sold to fans around any of the eight World Cup stadiums following “discussions” with hosts Qatar.

Only a non-alcoholic option will be sold at stadiums.

A FIFA statement said alcohol would only be sold in fan zones, “removing sales points of beer from Qatar’s FIFA World Cup 2022 stadium perimeters.”

The parent company of American beer giant Budweiser said restrictions at World Cup matches were “beyond our control”.

2 Likes

I’m taking the “fan zones” to mean certain spots inside the stadium?

No. These ‘fan-zones’ are these festival sites in Doha:

2 Likes

A new Limited Edition Toblerone Golden Caramel is in supermarkets.

2 Likes