Brands, Products and Promotions

I don’t know if it’s an SA thing but I don’t remember Choc Chip ever being in those packs. I’m sure it was substituted with another Arnotts biscuit.

McVitie’s has launched two new flavoured biscuits (from its FB page)

They have already dicked around with it. They have removed Orange Slice and put in it’s place Delta Jaffa. (Delta biscuit with orange icing filling).

That actually sounds good. I didn’t even know there was such a thing. The Orange Slice was always the last thing left in our biscuit tin at home.

1 Like
2 Likes

Another Big M/Zooper Dooper collaboration came up on my FB feed.

1 Like

There’s Cola Spider and Fairy Floss.

Will probably try both, I thought the bubblegum in last years crop was decent because that flavour of ice cream is pretty common so it translated well to flavoured milk, whereas the pineapple and the raspberry were average.

2 Likes

Of course they “may”, but it is way too easy for that kind of talk. Wonder if he’s fishing for business…

It may be a marketing ploy, but the fact is they will.

I would have thought the Optus brand itself would need to go. Only thing potentially saving it, at our expense, is all the other cases that have, and will come now with other companies.

they may not immediately, but in 5 or 10 years? yeah most probably will forget that the new company used to be Optus.

think about 3 mobile that closed in 2011. most people probably don’t know it was acquired by Huchinson and folded in to vodafone. I would not be surprised if optus rebrands in the next 12 to 18 months

1 Like

The name Optus is such a throwback to the 1990s ballot mail out process when we could choose our default long distance phone service for the first time. I’m surprised they stuck with it for so long. Telecom changing its name to Telstra didn’t really erase the memory of poor service or the jokes associated with that company back then, however.

1 Like

Optus could do a partial rebrand. Keep the name “Optus” but change the positioner from “yes” to “maybe”

3 Likes

Its new product is a canned sparkling water with sugar-free natural flavouring called ‘Helping humans’ and is aimed at the younger demographic, who are driving a trend away from traditional soft drinks and towards healthier alternatives.

Of every Helping humans purchase, 10 per cent of profits goes to charity. The can contains a QR code that the consumer can scan to select the charity partner they want donations to go to. Charity partners include The McGrath Foundation, Australian Gynaecological Cancer Foundation, Streetsmart, One Heart, Black Dog, Planet Ark and Ceres.

Odd it’s been labelled as uniquely Australian when it’s not, although it is one of the only countries where it has been sold continuously for the last 40 years I think.

Will you try a roast chicken with Vegemite and cheese stuffing?

1 Like

OMG YES!!!