Brands, Products and Promotions

I think Chemist Warehouse plays by the rules. It’s simply a franchise model and each chemist is still owned by an individual pharmacist or a few pharmacists. There are rules that restrict the opening of new chemists, but you can buy an existing chemist and move it to a new location (within a certain kilometre radius)

It seems quite an outdated process.

Reportedly a buy-in for a CW “franchise” is minimal - especially where CW is interested in expanding. That said, you also don’t have a lot of flexibility as the franchisee-in-charge either

2 Likes

Vodafone NZ is rebranding to One.nz (to save on licensing $$$), their new logo, a bit like a chocolate, has a soft middle and a hard outer… does anyone else find their eyes try to focus the middle so it’s sharp, or is it just me? It annoys the hell out of me!

vodagone

1 Like

So your telling me the only reason that Vodafone was in NZ was because another company was paying them to use the name?.. well this blows my mind

1 Like

Not exactly, Vodafone bought BellSouth years ago and rebranded that network as themselves (as well as snapping up other little telcos along the way). VF sold out a few years ago and left NZ, the current company has been using the VF name on license since then (costing apparently 14m p/a, according to the papers), hence the desire to rebrand (to save money in the longterm).

2 Likes

They better hope they do better than OneTel did in Australia. :wink:

3 Likes

Do you think it is just a matter of time before Australian Vodafone also rebrands? Does the European Vodafone company own any part of Vodafone AU or is it solely owned by TPG now?

1 Like

New Connoisseur flavours marketed as Laneway Sweets, for a limited time. Salted Pretzel and Rocky Road.

Also, Trple Choc Cookie.

That logo is a weird one, it’s not one that the company ever used while it existed, but someone randomly - as a ‘minor’ edit to One.Tel’s wikipedia page - swapped in the one that appears to be for a modern revival of the brand per their placeholder website.

I suppose given how easy it is to make an MVNO and NBN reseller, someone may as well leverage people’s memory of the old brand, as tarnished as it was.

Surprised they are sticking at it, given the connotations of the name with a far right group, as well as potential confusion with the TV channel.

2 Likes

The merged TPG is a public company, with stakes owned by Vodafone, Hutchison, TPG’s initial owners and others.

As to if/how/when they rebrand, that would be a question for their board and their future strategy.

1 Like

Another Golden Gaytime collab. This time with Oak milk.

1 Like

That can go along with the collab they did with Coco Pops.

Why do I feel like they have done a Golden Gaytime flavored Oak in the last few years but there’s been so many Golden Gaytime branded products its all runs together?

The series will roll out online and on broadcast television as part of a partnership with SBS, with the first episode set to go to air on Tuesday 25 October on Australia Uncovered on SBS.

1 Like

ArNOTts discontinues Classic Assorted

Fury as Arnott’s kills off popular product

Arnott’s discontinues Classic Assorted variety pack

In bad news for biscuit fans, Arnott’s has revealed one of its most iconic products will no longer appear on supermarket shelves.

Neve told Fordham he wrote to Arnott’s Australia to confirm the news and received a message which read: “Due to ongoing low sales and limited shelf space in supermarkets we have made the difficult decision to stop production of this product.”

Neve has noticed a new Arnott’s variety pack in its place, High Tea Favourites.

Weighing 400 grams, it includes just four varieties – Scotch Finger, Raspberry Shortcake, Monte Carlo and Shortbread Cream.

2 Likes

That’s disappointing. Instead of buying six individual packets I could get all six flavours in one affordable pack.

I’d suggest sales are down because of the disruption caused by the pandemic. People haven’t been at work. One of my former workplaces used to buy them in bulk and they’d come out of the box with just a plain, white wrapper. I don’t believe the spin; it’s another “shrinkage” cost saving initiative. If they come for the Assorted Creams there’ll be hell to pay. I already steer clear of Cadbury products because the shrinkage and changes to recipes became ridiculous. They love to give life long consumers of their products an excuse to try something else.

2 Likes

The Arnott’s biscuits have definitely suffered from shrinkage too.

A while ago, I noticed the chocolate Mint Slice was a lot smaller than I remember. Then I bought the chocolate Monte biscuits which I used to love as a kid. The biscuits are smaller now and its really obvious because the biscuits are smaller than their packaging and they swim around in the pack. When I opened the pack, some of the biscuits from one section had migrated across to the other sections in the pack.

1 Like