Brands, Products and Promotions

Think I’ll stick with Whittakers they have 250g and the only ones that are smaller are the Dark Almond and the Hazelnut.

Jelly Popping Candy Beanie is IMO the best Marvellous Creation - probably why it’s about the only one still around - but I’ve never quite gotten the hype over Caramilk… not really a fan at all.

I see they’ve done a Pascall Lumps version as well
https://www.thebreeze.co.nz/home/must-see/2022/06/pascall-and-tip-top-collaborate-with--boysenberry-ripple-lumps-.html
AFAIK these are all made in Australia now anyway - they shut down all their NZ manufacturing a few years ago.
I love the OG Pineapple lumps. They had mint ‘Snifters’ (another NZ thing) versions a couple of years ago too - bought some from Big W. Not bad. There was also a Snifters block that popped up in 7-11 but not sure about elsewhere.

Loved that they finally brought back proper Breakaway (those biscuit versions from eastern Europe are just not the same) - will have to find the mint :yum:

1 Like

Smiths have brought back Gravy flavour again.

smiths-chips-gravy

2 Likes
4 Likes

The peoples chip!

1 Like

These sound good.

2 Likes

Modelez has reduced the size of Natural Confectionary and Sour Patch kids range by about 10% each.

Bega has a rebranded parent company, Bega Group, with a flat green logo

I think they neef to fix the letter g in Bega. It looks like a q.

Coles are selling 2 new variants of In A Biskit. Hopefully they don’t tinker with the receipe like they did with the Chicken one, tasted amazing when first back on the market, then they changed the taste when they dropped the “Limited Edition” labelling.

Also, Lifesavers have released a packet of bananas for those lamenting the loss of Allens bananas.

1 Like

New Cheese Toastie Twisties.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20220912-214709_Samsung Internet

Milky Bar Gold with cookies.

The brewing company is now known as CB Co.

Coca Cola has axed Lift.

Bring back Mellow Yellow!

Yes, I saw the new Sprite Lemon in supermarkets a couple of weeks ago. Seems weird to have Sprite and Sprite Lemon side by side. Especially since Sprite doesn’t specify what flavour it is apart from Natural Flavour now. (Psst Lemonade :shushing_face: ) They previously promoted it as Lemon-Lime Flavour.

2 Likes

The other thing I just noticed is that Sprite Lemon has a Zero Sugar version.

After getting rid of the Coke Zero branding (which I think was a big mistake since people still refer to it by that name), they made everything “No Sugar”. Coca Cola No Sugar, Sprite No Sugar, Fanta No Sugar. So strange that they now have Sprite Lemon Zero Sugar.

The other curious thing is that these new products now also contain caffeine. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I expect more global streamlining will occur with the fact that CCA is essentially a division of Coca Cola Europe after the buy-out last year.

Following in Mtn Dew’s footsteps it seems.

I had a Sprite the other week for the first time in a long time. My god what have they done to it? Wierd funky flavour that tastes like cats pee. Since when did it stop tasting like lemonade?