Brands, Products and Promotions

I read the ingredients on the Peters Original Vanilla once after I noticed that it was significantly softer after they changed the recipe a few years back.

The ice cream is only creamy and easy to scoop because they’ve used propylene glycol to soften the mixture.

Plus they use ingredients that allow them to aerate the mixture more so that they can use less dairy products.

Peter’s “I can’t believe it’s not ice cream” now with propylene glycol. Yum!

Lynx has brought out a special Movember edition of it’s deodorant body spray and body wash.

checks calendar

Aren’t they a couple of weeks too late?

It’s still November isn’t it?

It came out weeks ago anyway but I discovered it today. Apparently it was “Exclusively in Chemist Warehouse” but I bought one in Woolworths today. Money from sales goes towards men’s health causes.

Been available since late september

2 Likes

Is this support of Movember yet another attempt by Unilever to reposition the Lynx brand away from the “teenage boy going through puberty” market the product is so associated with? I can’t imagine any male capable of growing substantial facial hair going near the stuff considering the smell of it makes women think the wearer is desperate for his first kiss and still lives at home with mummy.

3 Likes

Maybe you should start wearing some because the stench of old codger is not attractive to anyone. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Men’s grooming products are one of the biggest growing product lines in department stores, supermarkets and chemists.

I’ll stick with the Old Spice as I prefer to smell like a man and not a teenager. It seems to have done the trick for my father and grandfather. I’m on a horse.

5 Likes

No surprise there. :joy:

Lynx/Axe is a case study unto itself in regards to Unilevers many attempts in recent years to have the brand shed its pubescent image.

Another dairy brand has gone overseas. Earlier this week WA dairy company Brownes was sold to a consortium led by Chinese dairy giant Shanghai Ground Food Tech by current owner Archer Capital.

If Canada’s Saputo is successful in buying Murray Goulburn next year, that means almost all of Australia’s major dairy brands will be foreign owned. Is this what we really want?

1 Like

At my local Woolworths all of the Dairylea sliced cheese has been replaced with the new Kraft sliced cheese, with only the Dairylea Burger Slices available but they are a clearance item. Bega must feel dudded to have purchased a cheese brand only to see supermarkets dumping it four months later.

It’s Official: Amazon Australia Will Start Selling Products On Thursday

just in time for christmas… wish i could have seen jerry harvey’s face when he found out about this

2 Likes

he would have been a fool if he didn’t see it coming

1 Like

Expect lots of disappointment about prices and range compared to the US/Global Amazon, especially with the way the media has hyped it up as “just around the corner” for literally years.

What is the difference here? With Amazon Aus?

main thing will be that items will be shipping from the warehouse in melbourne (or other local sellers) and all items listed will be avalable here

3 Likes

Ahh gotcha. Thanks.