Brands, Products and Promotions

I guess if it’s a stout or similar it could be ok. Fourn’ Twenty is let down by the pastry, really just suits the beef or mutton pie for the footy.

1 Like

These meat pie Pringles look terrible.

2 Likes

‘Chicken Salt Flavour’: Chicken

4 Likes

To me it was like Chicken flavour with waaay too much salt, too much to be enjoyable. Wasn’t game to try the pie flavour.

3 Likes

Yeah actually holy shit. Writing essays fries my brain.

Here’s something that might fit in here - advertising for prescription medication.

I noticed that there were ads running on radio advising people to talk to their doctors if they were suffering from nerve pain. These were paid for by Pfizer Australia. Here are some TV ads which seem to be part of the same campaign:

There are more ads on that Youtube channel.

I believe that this campaign is a clandestine advertisement for Lyrica, which is a Pfizer product which just so happens to be one of the most effective medications to treat nerve pain.

Of course, most doctors are going to prescribe that medicine when they hear their patient say ‘I feel this burning/stinging pain occasionally and I heard somewhere that this is described as nerve pain’.

This campaign appears to have actually begun just a few months after Lyrica was listed on the PBS in 2013.

Compare that ad above to the American ads:

(wow, check out that 30 seconds worth of side effects disclosure in each ad!!!)

I reckon that the indirect advertising of prescription meds like that ‘nerve pain’ campaign should really not be permitted.

3 Likes

Whats happened here? Didnt Kraft Singles become DairyLea singles? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s a long story but the answer lies further back in this thread.

1 Like

I did scroll for about 485 posts lol. Might just google :rofl:

Yes, but the agreement between Kraft Heinz USA and Mondelez who owned the rights to the Kraft brand in Australia was expiring at the end of this year, so Mondelez had to stop using the Kraft name and changed the cheese brand to Dairylea (one of the Mondelez brands in Europe). [Meanwhile Mondelez sold their Australian cheese including Dairylea to Bega]. So with there no longer being any Kraft cheese in Australia, Kraft Heinz has reintroduced it here. The same has happened to Kraft peanut butter, the original is now branded The Good Nut with a Kraft version reappearing next year.

It’s such an absolutely bizarre set of circumstances. Why did Kraft sell off their brands in the first place if they’re just going to reintroduce them later?

4 Likes

Revenue raising exercise through dodgy practices.

2 Likes

Following on from my earlier post about ads for prescription pharmaceuticals, here’s an American ad for an antidepressant. I thought it was a parody at first, but nope - it’s legit.

And this one was filmed at Sydney Ice Arena for whatever reason.

1 Like

Just went on the Dairylea Facebook page and a lot of people think that Kraft is Australian and are angry with the name change and are saying the flavour and size or Dairylea Slices have changed as well. I think Kraft will come out as the winner reintroducing Kraft Singles.

It’s processed cheese. by definition it cannot be any good.

4 Likes

It’s not. It’s the worst.

In America Kraft isn’t permitted to refer to Singles as “cheese” because this word indicates that a product is made with at least 51 percent real cheese. This is why the label reads “pasteurized prepared cheese product.”

1 Like

sounds yummy :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

It’s a similar story with ice cream where you have Streets Blue Ribbon not allowed to classify itself as ice cream.

P.S. But Connoisseur Gourmet Ice Cream is actually ice cream.

9 Likes

I was unaware that there was any tub-based ice cream other than Connoisseur.

3 Likes