Brands, Products and Promotions

Such a stupid fad. I remember they had lines going around the block in Surry Hills a couple of years ago for what was pretty average gelato.

Looks like metal caps to me.

Foil caps on milk bottles used to drive me crazy. My father would always put his thumb through the foil to open the bottle instead of peeling it off. I rejoiced when the bottles were phased out and cartons became more popular until I realised he wasn’t opening the spout by squeezing the edge of the flaps but sticking his nail into the cardboard to peel it away. I always was a germaphobe.

It amazes me that such a big deal is made about plastic shopping bags when products such as milk and soft drinks used to come in glass bottles that were returned to the depot to be cleaned and reused. Now everything comes in plastic.

1 Like

I was given a sample of the raspberry and lime today, personally I find them disgusting

Hardly a stupid fad. They started with one shop in Darlinghurst in 2002 and then spread to Surry Hills and beyond.

They now have 11 shops in Sydney, 3 in Melbourne, and 2 in Queensland.

1 Like

But the amount of excess fuel used to transport the glass bottles would apparently have a much bigger impact on the environment according to some studies. Those glass bottles are extremely heavy in comparison to plastic ones - and also there’s high wastage when they’re dropped and break, too.

I’m surprised the alcohol industry hasn’t moved on to plastic bottles, but I suppose the alcohol might not play too well with the plastic and that’s why they haven’t gone with it.

Kraft Singles cheese is now back at Woolworths, it’s the original sliced cheese version of the shelf stable block. In the Woolworths I was at it has replaced the Bega Dairylea version of the same cheese.

3 Likes

Interesting that they didn’t upgrade to the new version of the Kraft logo… it’s appeared on everything with the Kraft brand in the US for a couple of years now at least.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, though maybe they might when Kraft Peanut Butter reenters the Australian market in 2018.

Looks like they are using the new logo…

2 Likes

Seems like they are going to start rolling a new Ad Campaign to spread word for it’s return in 2018, just after I visited the website, I got various Ads on an Article Page, so I doesn’t just seem like they’ve only created a Facebook Account. :thinking:

Who wants a Four ‘n’ Twenty angus beef and craft beer pie? :pie: :beer:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/four-n-twenty-release-craft-beer-pies-with-grand-ridge-brewery/news-story/d2eef4f833602498ee88101e9020e76a

1 Like

Hipsters? :bearded_person:

You think a hipster will buy Four N Twenty?

6 Likes

No but that’s why they’d be trying to appeal to them. Similar to the way that the big breweries are bringing out faux craft beers and Maccas has “gourmet” burgers now.

They won’t buy the pie, but they’ll get four twenty.

Edit: Beer before bong, you’re in the wrong. Bong before beer, you’re in the clear. /edit.

Also fuck that sounds disgusting, I hope the beer flavouring doesn’t overpower the meat (there better not be a difference between home-heating and buying one from the deli). I’m gonna stick to a can of export and a classic normal pie, unless it tastes really good, which then - pack 'er up boiz.

6 Likes

I could almost predict you’d say this.

2 Likes

Being predictable is better than unpredictable honestly (except for the weather, kinda gotta prepare for that shit). I am contempt with being predictable.

2 Likes

You’ve had four twenty

1 Like

Content?

1 Like