Blow Up

Who knew there was such a thing as a Balloon Expert. :joy:

Will he be known as “Balloonman”?

2 Likes

Matt Falloon :joy:

damn, the things Becky will do for a pay cheque

Falloonman :wink:

2 Likes

According to TV Tonight’s review, the balloons are made of latex and will be recycled after the show for playgrounds.

1 Like

Surprised Seven aren’t launching at 7pm tonight to capitalise on Seven News’ massive audience/lead-in and also get the jump on MC and underperforming on debut Summit? Perhaps they couldn’t shift to 7Two or hold off one night this H&A due to future scheduling and/or that show’s current commercial arrangements?
Also wonder if they’ll try their road-blocking tactic across their m/c right on 7pm?

FWIW, they’ve been having success more than not with all these tactics, they’ll have another in some weeks with Kings Birthday Monday AFL lead-in (not sure if MDI could launch there?)

I reckon it’s because Seven aren’t that confident in Blow Up.

@TV.Cynic

This was mentioned in the opening segment.
I noticed that alongside the PG rating at the beginning of the program it also said “dangerous behaviour” lol.

4 Likes

I feel like the running time is too long.

1 Like

Agree. 9pm finish isn’t family friendly either on a school night. Wonder if the 90min Monday episodes were originally planned for Sundays (7.00-8.30)? Tuesday’s episodes are only 65mins.

You must be new here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I reckon even if this debutes to 200-300k metro, Seven will keep it there, as that’s what We Interrupt This Broadcast was getting and it didn’t really get moved. Pathetic times now isn’t it.

Hard to tell, every second episode is 90 minutes the alternate ones 65 min.

1 Like

Blow Up launched to a dismal 288,000 last night. It was fourth in its timeslot in all markets. It best demo resul was in 16-39 with 11th place. In 25-54 it was 16th.

Channel 7 execs will be blowing up behind the scenes. The weird thing is, it’s a clone of Lego Masters but with balloons.

Does anyone at all see the appeal of this?

1 Like

Even Perth couldn’t keep it alive?

1 Like

Seven even had a rare second place overall in Perth.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t see the appeal of most reality shows but certain people still watch them with fervour.

2 Likes

I get that. And assume thats the thought of 7 Execs… but this one always seemed a bit naff.

I had a feeling, in the end at least, they weren’t that confident anyway, maybe willing to risk a flop and on the off chance it might’ve been a hit, the fact they didn’t move H&A for a 7pm start nor roadblocked and maybe most telling didn’t schedule Sunday 7pm, stretching out Farmer instead. And they rode out WITB, have to presume same here (save for a woeful further drop to 100k s or 5 figures).