Blow Up

Becky Lucas is the annoying “nothing special” girl on the McCains ads. Pass.

Lego Masters pokes fun at Blow Up

052: Hamish “Are balloons interesting on TV? That’s really the question about this build.”

Brickman “You can’t make a whole show about balloons.”

“Balloons are good for a part of one episode of a show… I don’t think there’s all series in them. But maybe there’s something we’re missing.”

4 Likes

And I agree with them.

2 Likes

I reckon one season is all it should get, but of course Seven will strip it out for 6.

:laughing:
Sneaky bit of cross promotion too? Both shows produced by Endemol Shine Australia…

2 Likes

You can tell… I’m assuming its from he same studio?

2 Likes

No. Blow Up was filmed at Royal Melbourne Showgrounds, while the latest season of Lego Masters was filmed at Sydney Olympic Park.

1 Like

So Lego Masters former studio in Melbourne? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

(No this isn’t a date announcement)

Blow Up competition:

Get Ready To Have Your Mind Blown!

We’re celebrating the launch of Blow Up by giving you the chance to claim an exhilarating prize, a hot air balloon ride for you and a friend with RedBalloon.

Simply watch the video below and enter your details to be in the running for this amazing prize. Entries close Sunday 14th May so enter now.

Watch

In a family friendly, all-new series, audiences will witness Australia’s greatest balloon twisters go head-to-head across a variety of challenges to turn ordinary balloons into extraordinary works of art.

Featuring compelling content in a brand safe environment, Blow Up will deliver broad appeal to viewers – providing the perfect platform for brands and advertisers.

From life-size creations to miniature marvels, you’ll be left breathless and amazed when Stephen Curry and Becky Lucas host the mind-blowing family fun of Blow Up, starting soon on Channel 7 and 7plus.

1 Like

We have a date. So it will launch a day behind The Summit on Nine.

4 Likes

That means the three reality shows (MasterChef, The Summit and Blow Up) which air that night are all produced by one company: Endemol Shine Australia. That doesn’t happen very often.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if all three shows pull mediocre ratings, at least in broadcast overnights and on their second outings. Will probably as more often then not be totally incorrect which I will wear!

2 Likes

Across the ditch

“The idea of using resources to create things that will be destroyed in a short time frame is really no longer acceptable,” Professor Gaw said.

“We love to see people creating art. But promoting single-use and plastic is promoting pollution, and that is taking us in the wrong direction,”

What do they think of all the old Lego that gets chucked out as hard rubbish?

Does it though? Seems better or easier to either recycle or repurpose Lego elsewhere. Same can’t be said for balloons.

1 Like

How do you recycle it?

Sure. You can pass it on when you no longer want it but when it’s thrown out I’m sure it just becomes landfill which wouldn’t break down very well. At least balloons disintegrate faster.

I’m no expert on either, and not invested in either show in the slightest but I think the biggest e difference is that Lego can be reused again and again for generations and in this example it can be repurposed after the show for subsequent seasons or possibly even donated. Also, modern Lego is generally made from more sustainable or recycled materials.

1 Like

Ready, set, blow!

Blow Up starts Monday, 15 May on Channel 7 and 7plus

Get ready to have your mind blown! Blow Up, a one-of-a-kind competition will leave the nation gasping for air, is set to premiere at 7.30pm Monday, 15 May on Channel 7 and 7plus.

In a celebration of skill, precision, creativity and joy, Blow Up transforms the humble balloon into jaw-dropping and awe-inspiring artistic creations.

Prepare to suspend your disbelief, as 10 incredibly talented Australian balloon artists converge on the Blow Up studio to weave their magic, with mind-blowing results that will delight fans of all ages.

The Blow Up 2023 contestants are:

Brendan Ord, 49, VIC
Chloe Lim 40, ACT
Donna Cochrane, 42, QLD
Justin Williams, 31, VIC
Matt Falloon, 38, NSW
Michelle Ferron, 33, VIC
Nicole Brusic, 50, SA
Robbie Kay, 34, SA
Tammie Timmers, 37, VIC
Trevor Timmers, 37, VIC

Hosted by acclaimed actor and funny-man Stephen Curry and quick-witted comedian Becky Lucas, Blow Up will showcase the competitors’ creativity across several weeks of mind-bending challenges, as they are charged with turning ordinary balloons into extraordinary works of art.

With the title of the inaugural Blow Up Australia Champion and $100,000 in prize money on the line, the serious task of judging the balloon creations falls to Chris Adamo, CBA (Certified Balloon Artist). An industry icon with 26 years of experience, Chris has taught balloon artists and created balloon masterpieces worldwide. He will be looking for technical prowess, creativity, texture, colour and cohesion across the builds.

Be welcomed into a brave new balloon world where wonder is the name of the game and techniques like apple and tulip twists, friction tears and weaves and dominate. If you can dream it, you can build it… with balloons.

2 Likes

1 Like

The promos feel like it is targetted at 5 year olds. The comedy from the hosts belongs as part of a wiggles or Play School routine. What is this doing in primetime?

1 Like