Blow Up

Dear lord, if this is the stuff Pell is “scouting” over in the US in his new role, he’s really earning his salary… :woozy_face:

Hopefully this isn’t up against MAFS. If so it will get absolutely DESTROYED.

1 Like

Those creations are amazing, though!

3 Likes

No idea … but I don’t imagine Seven would be buying into it if it hadn’t been :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

:rofl:

depends if they’re helium or not

3 Likes
1 Like

Stephen Curry is a great choice!

I’m sure this will blow up in their faces when they realise that audiences won’t bite a balloon rip-off of Lego Masters.

First trailer aired tonight during Australian Idol grand final.

Some competition scenes were filmed at Calder Park Raceway in Melbourne’s west.

1 Like
1 Like

Looks like every Seven promo ever. Slap on some footage from the show and some background stories on ‘why I want to compete here’.

Boh-ring.

4 Likes

Well, I’ll be blowed! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

How long til this show deflates?

1 Like

Isn’t that the same with all reality shows really? It’s all the same old same old.
Some of the balloon creations look incredible.

Yeah but Seven’s in no position to be complacent. They need this to work (though I doubt it will) and one part of that being possible is promoting it well (like something that is extraordinary, making a turd look somewhat polished for lack of better analogies).

The current promos doesn’t really seem to have much pull IMO.

Get ready to have your mind blown

Blow Up is coming to Channel 7 and 7plus

Get ready for the spectacular, all-new Blow Up: a one-of-a-kind competition that will leave the nation gasping for air when it premieres soon on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Hosted by acclaimed actor Stephen Curry and comedian Becky Lucas, Blow Up sees the nation’s greatest balloon artists and decorators go head-to-head across a variety of challenges.

From life-size creations to miniature marvels, you’ll see these twisters turn ordinary balloons into extraordinary works of art as resident balloon expert Chris Adamo and a host of celebrity guest judges watch on.

Who has what it takes to claim the title of Australia’s greatest balloon artist and who’s just full of hot air? Mind-blowing family fun with a twist is right around the corner.

Blow Up is an Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay company) production for the Seven Network.

2 Likes

With Lego Masters on the slide this season to date, 7 may be just a bit lucky and pick up some families interested in seeing something new.

Or maybe it won’t bode well for Blow Up either considering it’s the same, just with balloons.

5 Likes

When I first saw the promo I thought this just looks awful, not another one… But if it does rate decent (say Farmer level), I wouldn’t be surprised either, but can’t see it exploding like Lego’s debut season(s)

1 Like

Yes true…