Binge

Have the ads rolled out yet on the lowest tier ?

OFFICIAL TRAILER RELEASED FOR

LOVE & DEATH

STARRING ELIZABETH OLSEN AND JESSE PLEMONS

PREMIERES 27 APRIL ON BINGE

The official trailer for the upcoming limited series Love & Death, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Jesse Plemons, has been released today ahead of its triple-episode premiere 27 April on BINGE; new episodes drop every Thursday.

The seven-episode drama, written by David E. Kelley and directed by Lesli Linka Glatter, tells the true story of Candy and Pat Montgomery and Betty and Allan Gore – two churchgoing couples enjoying their smalltown Texas life… until an extramarital affair leads somebody to pick up an axe. The show is an official selection of the 2023 SXSW Film & TV Festival.

In addition to Olsen and Plemons, the cast includes Lily Rabe, Patrick Fugit, Keir Gilchrist, Elizabeth Marvel, Tom Pelphrey and Krysten Ritter.

Co-produced by Lionsgate. Executive producers: David E. Kelley (who is writing the series) through David E. Kelley Productions; Nicole Kidman and Per Saari through Blossom Films; Lesli Linka Glatter (who directs the first four and final episodes); Scott Brown and Megan Creydt through Texas Monthly; Matthew Tinker; Michael Klick and Helen Verno. The limited series is inspired by the book “Evidence of Love: A True Story of Passion and Death in the Suburbs” and a collection of articles from Texas Monthly (“Love & Death in Silicon Prairie,” Part I & II).

STARS HELP LAUNCH SEASON 2 OF BINGE ORIGINAL SERIES LOVE ME

AT SYDNEY PREMIERE

HEATHER MITCHELL, WILLIAM LODDER, AND MITZI RUHLMANN LEAD RED CARPET

To celebrate the new season of the award-winning BINGE original drama series LOVE ME, stars Heather Mitchell, William Lodder and Mitzi Ruhlmann took to the red carpet at the premiere in Sydney tonight (Thursday March 23). They were joined by fellow cast and crew, celebrities and personalities across the industry.

Love Me season 2 picks up the story of The Mathieson family nine months after we left off and sees the family navigate the complexities of relationships when new love becomes a long-term proposition, with Hugo Weaving returning as Glen, the father experiencing new love in his 60s; Bojana Novakovic, the highly successful, yet complicated Clara; and William Lodder, as Aaron, facing the complexities of love, and new responsibility.

They are joined again by Silver Logie award-winning Heather Mitchell as Anita; Bob Morley as Peter; Celia Pacquola as Sacha; Shalom Brune-Franklin as Ella; and Mitzi Ruhlmann as Jesse.

Filmed and set in Melbourne the six-episode series will premiere April 6 on BINGE.

The previous articles confirming they were coming said March 30.

Also here - https://help.binge.com.au/s/article/Changes-to-the-BINGE-Basic-subscription

BINGE’s Basic subscription is changing from Thursday 30 March, 2023.

2 Likes

Sorry for the miss quote but im guessing this is a price change, if so how much?

2 Likes

Incorrect. From the link I posted -

What is changing on the BINGE Basic subscription type?

BINGE Basic subscribers will be able to stream HD content from March 2023. Now you can watch your favourite shows and movies in HD on any compatible device! Additionally, BINGE Basic will become an ad-supported subscription.

On Demand content will continue to be ad-free with BINGE Standard and Premium subscriptions.

2 Likes

Season 3 will be set in Thailand.

OFFICIAL TEASER AND KEY ART FOR NEW COMEDY SERIES

DREAMLAND

STARRING FREEMA AGYEMAN AND LILY ALLEN

PR EMIERES 6 APRIL ON BINGE

First look at new comedy series, Dreamland, starring Freema Agyeman (Doctor Who) and Lily Allen (How to Build a Girl) in her debut TV role, premieres 6 April on BINGE, with all six-episodes dropping at once.

Based on the 2018 BAFTA-winning short of the same name, produced by Merman, Dreamland is a comedy-drama about secrets, lies, loves and aspirations within a family of four sisters. Set in the sun-drenched British seaside town of Margate, it is a dark comedic exploration of multi-generational female relationships, and their (somewhat dysfunctional) family dynamics.

Eldest sister Trish (Agyeman) is pregnant for the third time with her partner Spence (Kiell Smith- Bynoe). And this time, she’s decided: it’s going to be a girl. Her two sisters Clare (Gabby Best) and Leila (Aimee-Ffion Edwards) rally around her with their mum (Frances Barber) and their Margate- legend nan (Sheila Reid), “manifesting” a little girl at Trish’s ‘mani-festival’. But when their other sister, Mel (Allen), makes an unexpected reappearance back into their lives, her return threatens to destabilise the entire family. A knock on their door and their ‘Dreamland’ is no more…

The series also features a guest star appearance from Samantha Bond as Orla.

Dreamland was commissioned by Jon Mountague, Director of Comedy, Sky Studios and Alex Moody, Commissioning Editor, Sky Studios, for Zai Bennett, Managing Director of Content, Sky UK. The Sky Original series is executive produced by Clelia Mountford, Sharon Horgan for Merman with Jane Bell as Producer and Emma Jane Unsworth as Showrunner and Associate Producer. Alex Moody serves as Executive Producer for Sky Studios. Written by Emma Jane Unsworth, Gabby Best, Sharma Walfall and Sarah Kendall, the series will be directed by Ellie Heydon. NBCUniversal Global Distribution handle international sales of the series on behalf of Sky Studios.

Saw this on their Facebook page, is this the first time ever Mrs Browns Boys has been available on demand for streaming ? I remember looking it up a few weeks ago and it said it wasn’t available for streaming in Australia (not even on Britbox )

Also MILF Manor lol wtf ? " Eight single women between the ages of 40 and 60 live in a villa in Mexico to pursue romantic relationships with eight single men a few decades younger. In the first episode, the show reveals that the men are the women’s sons"

My Daughter joined a Cult: Young MasterChef seems interesting /s :joy:

6 Likes

Have a look on YouTube, it’s…certainly something! :joy:

Surely nobody is demanding Mrs Brown’s Boys

3 Likes

We had a question about it a few weeks ago at quiz… the reactions there were about the same as that. The whole promo video of it was just weird!

2 Likes

I’ve never really been much of a streaming user, very much prefer the physical media format (granted I convert my purchased media on to hard drives so I don’t have eject discs 2390478203937 times a day). While the difference in the quality of streamed content has improved over the last decade (thanks to faster internet connections) for me I can still tell the difference in quality and it’s too jarring to put up with as a permanent way to watch content.

I signed up to Binge a few months ago (purely for WWE content, used to have a WWE Network subscription years ago… and felt like re-watching some classics that I couldn’t be bothered sorting out my dvd collection to watch lol). I’ve checked out a few odds and ends with other movies… some of the differences I’ve seen are puzzling.

For example, they are streaming an older (and inferior) version of Grease and not the most recent available (2018). Reminds me of Channel 7 and 10 still playing their old mastered copies of various movies during the early phase of the digital tv revolution (eg: Channel 7 continued to show their severely edited version of Die Hard… and Channel 10 loved playing their old tape of Ghostbusters!).

Terminator 2 was an interesting one. It’s the base movie (well the 2017 reissue that was released in 3D and 4K - fixing things like putting cgi Arnie over the stunt double’s face etc). However the end credits contained credits for the “special edition” (which was released on dvd in the early 2000’s AND also on blu-ray in the late 2000’s), but the version on Binge didn’t have the extra scenes from the special edition (Kyle Reese dream sequence etc).

2 Likes

FIRST LOOK AT NEW COMEDY SERIES

BUPKIS

WRITTEN, EXECUTIVE PRODUCED BY AND STARRING PETE DAVIDSON

PREMIERES 4 MAY ON BINGE

First look images of the new half-hour comedy series Bupkis, written, executive produced and starring Pete Davidson (SNL, The King of Staten Island), have been released ahead of its 4 May premiere on BINGE, with all episodes dropping at once.

The eight-episode series is a heightened, fictionalised version of Pete Davidson’s real life. The series will combine grounded storytelling with absurd elements from the unfiltered and completely original worldview for which Davidson is well known.

In addition to Davidson, the series also stars Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie, The Sopranos) as Davidson’s mum and Joe Pesci (Goodfellas, The Irishman) as Davidson’s grandfather.

Guest stars include Charlie Day, Brad Garrett, Simon Rex, Ray Romano, Kenan Thompson and Chase Sui Wonders.

Bupkis is written and executive produced by Pete Davidson, Dave Sirus and Judah Miller alongside executive producers Lorne Michaels, Andrew Singer and Erin David. The series is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group and Broadway Video. Jason Orley will direct and co-executive produce.

1 Like

SUCCESSION STAR

ATTENDS AUSTRALIAN EVENT TO CELEBRATE THE FOURTH AND FINAL SEASON ON BINGE

SERIES STAR NICHOLAS BRAUN LEADS STAR-STUDDED RED CARPET

To celebrate the fourth and final season of the Emmy®-winning drama series Succession, Nicholas Braun , who plays Cousin Greg Hirsch, was joined by a mix of celebrities and personalities, current and former sports stars along with members of industry at the Australian screening event tonight (Monday 3 April) in Sydney.

Succession explores themes of power and family dynamics through the eyes of patriarch Logan Roy (Brian Cox) and his four grown children, Kendall (Jeremy Strong), Siobhan (Sarah Snook), Roman (Kieran Culkin), and Connor (Alan Ruck).

In Season 4, the sale of media conglomerate Waystar Royco to tech visionary Lukas Matsson (Alexander Skarsgård ) moves ever closer. The prospect of this seismic sale provokes existential angst and familial division among the Roys as they anticipate what their lives will look like once the deal is complete. A power struggle ensues as the family weighs up a future where their cultural and political weight is severely curtailed.

Since its 2018 debut, the series has garnered 48 Emmy® nominations and 13 wins, including Outstanding Drama Series, for the second and third season. Season three, which premiered October 2021, earned the SAG Award for drama ensemble and swept at WGA, DGA, and PGA.

Succession Season 4 is available to stream now on BINGE; new episodes drop every Monday.

UPDATED

1 Like

Foxtel has commissioned a new 8-part drama series High Country, to be filmed in Victoria’s High Country as the title suggests.

1 Like

OFFICIAL TEASER RELEASED FOR NEW SEASON OF TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY

STARRING JODIE FOSTER AND KALI REIS

COMING TO BINGE

First look teaser for the fourth season of the Emmy® winning crime drama anthology*,* s tarring two-time Academy Award winner Jodie Foster (The Silence of the Lambs) and actor-boxer Kali Reis (Catch the Fair One), has been released ahead of the premiere of the highly anticipated series coming to BINGE.

When the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the eight men who operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers (Foster) and Evangeline Navarro (Reis) will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves, and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.

The cast also includes John Hawkes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw, Finn Bennett, Anna Lambe, Aka Niviâna, Isabella Star Lablanc and Joel D. Montgrand.

Ahead of the Season 4 premiere, viewers can catch up on Seasons 1-3 of True Detective available to stream now on BINGE.

Showrunner, writer, director, executive producer, Issa López; star and executive producer, Jodie Foster. Executive Producers: Barry Jenkins, Adele Romanski, and Mark Ceryak for PASTEL; Mari Jo Winkler; Chris Mundy; Alan Page Arriaga; Steve Golin; Richard Brown; Woody Harrelson; Matthew McConaughey; Cary Joji Fukunaga; Nic Pizzolatto. Producers: Princess Daazhraii Johnson; Cathy Tagnak Rexford; Sam Breckman.

1 Like

PREMIERE DATE AND NEW TEASER RELEASED FOR

THE IDOL

STARRING THE WEEKND AND LILY-ROSE DEPP

PREMIERES 5 JUNE ON BINGE

The premiere date of 5 June and a new teaser for the highly anticipated drama series The Idol , co-created by Sam Levinson (Euphoria), Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye and Reza Fahim, has been released today ahead of its premiere on BINGE; new episodes drop every Monday. The series will premiere at this year’s Festival de Cannes.

After a nervous breakdown derailed Jocelyn’s (Lily-Rose Depp) last tour, she’s determined to claim her rightful status as the greatest and sexiest pop star in America. Her passions are reignited by Tedros (Tesfaye), a nightclub impresario with a sordid past. Will her romantic awakening take her to glorious new heights or the deepest and darkest depths of her soul?

In addition to Tesfaye and Depp, the star-studded ensemble cast includes Dan Levy, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Eli Roth, Hari Nef, Jane Adams, Jennie Ruby Jane, Mike Dean, Moses Sumney, Rachel Sennott, Ramsey, Suzanna Son, and Hank Azaria.

The series also features Australian singer-songwriter Troye Sivan.

Co-creators Sam Levinson, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye, and Reza Fahim; Executive producers Sam Levinson, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye, Reza Fahim, Kevin Turen, Ashley Levinson, Joseph Epstein, Aaron L. Gilbert for BRON, and Sara E. White; Directed by Sam Levinson; Written by Sam Levinson, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye, and Reza Fahim. Produced in partnership with A24.