Binge

Binge, The Australian Financial Review is reporting, is the suspected name of Foxtel’s new entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch in May this year.

1 Like

Binge. What a truly original name. NOT

2 Likes

I like it

2 Likes

I’m no expert in the area, but how did they manage to trademark that name/word, for that type of industry and product?

Presto was a better name.

Binge, soon followed by Vomit and Hangover

3 Likes

Marginally better than Addict

1 Like

They may have already had the trademark from back when Foxtel had a channel called Binge

1 Like

I don’t like it. It doesn’t sound young and fun and cool.

Also

You need a name when you google it it’s the only ting that comes up

Hence

Syfy
MTV
Google
Uber
Lyft

Etc

Google binge. 1 billion things come up

It’s too generic

Mostly it doesn’t feel fresh and fun.

Feels like a “late to the party” ñame.

Which it is

8 Likes

A Foxtel spokesman confirmed the new entertainment streaming service was on track to launch in the fourth quarter of this financial year.

“We are on track to launch our new entertainment streaming service by the end of June. With people spending more time at home social distancing we think there will be significant interest in a new, differentiated streaming service with the world’s best content,” the spokesman said.

Recycling is FOXTEL’s core competency.

5 Likes

The kids love googling the word ‘google’.

1 Like

Don’t you crash the internet by doing that? I’ve been telling Boomers that for years

2 Likes

The trademark for “Binge” is being registered by a private company associated with Foxtel called Sport By Numbers Pty Limited. That company was previously known as Fox Sports Australia Investments Pty Limited.

“Unturnoffable” is also being trademarked by the same company and looks likely to be the catchphrase they’ll use to market the new service.

Sport By Numbers has also applied to trademark this logo:

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 2.04.22 PM

6 Likes

Great find, but that logo looks :face_vomiting:.

Unturnoffable is even more :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Yes there is nothing fun or playful here. Fail to me

If the brand and positioning is wrong it will crash and buen

Foxtel don’t have a very good track record of nice branding though - theI’d own rebrand didn’t last long before it was refreshed and dropped the hideous dotted f went back to a similar orange palette.

Then there’s Kayo, not a very inspiring name or look either IMO.

And now this :point_up_2:t3:

At least Kayo (from a branding POV) makes sense for a sports streaming service

Whichever mod changed the name of the topic to remove the full stop, thanks! There was already a topic named Binge so I needed the full stop.

Foxtel boss Patrick Delany has told The Australian that Binge will launch within 4-6 weeks.