Big Brother

This is why I’m not reading any of these articles and will wait to find out on the show!

1 Like

they’ve said it wasn’t filmed, which is highly unlikely cause the cameras are suppose to be recording 24/7

3 Likes

Why the fuck wouldn’t they film it? That sort of stuff is what makes BB so good. The footage of the Canadian BB (I think it was) being told and subsequently being shut down was great to watch.

11 Likes

Totally agree - it’s going to be very difficult for Big Brother to find a new audience/steal the viewers already watching those shows.
However, I do think that Ch 7 did well/got lucky with their starting date - The Voice auditions are winding down very soon and a portion of their viewers always lose interest after the blinds are over.
Both Voice and Masterchef have also had to reduce the no. of weekly episodes - from this week, The Voice is only airing Sunday and Monday and starting next week Masterchef will cut back from Sun-Thurs to Sun-Tues. There’s potential for some viewers to flick over to Big Brother and permanently switch if it’s interesting enough.

3 Likes

Towards the end of Weekend Sunrise this morning, I briefly heard someone say something along the lines of “Big Brother premieres tonight…” It sounded like Angela Cox, was she on today? I knew it premiered tomorrow, but was just a bit stumped when I heard it and had to re-check.

1 Like

I agree - their reactions would most likely garner some extra eyeballs from around the world, seeing as it’s such a unique position to be locked away with no access to the news pandemic. But I think it’s to do with ‘duty of care’- it’s such a serious matter that they maybe thought would get backlash if they aired it

1 Like

I know many don’t like Ben, but…

5 Likes

That’s a positive then. Ben’s contacts have been quite skeptical about the program from what he’s reported.

3 Likes

Most people seem to be liking the 4-min promo and that’s so good to hear that Ben is praising the first episode! I think it was a brilliant idea to add Survivor-like challenges into the game and also make contestants turn on each other/form alliances to prevent themselves from being voted out.
I reckon the biggest problem still is that there are a lot of people who haven’t seen the ads/promos and are very much against a Big Brother reboot if it’s like previous versions. Maybe word-of-mouth will spread and eventually get more people watching, but I haven’t really seen as much hype around the premiere as I thought it would- most people seem to be happy sticking with Voice/Masterchef/avoiding free-to-air TV altogether.

1 Like

Let’s hope this is true

A Big turn around from Ben compared to his thoughts on the TV Blackbox Podcast this week. Hopefully its true!

3 Likes

I don’t think they could. They probably filmed a part of it, but it would have got to the point where everyone would have been evacuated. Someone may have footage somewhere though.

Put it this way to have to evacuate the house during production goes against everything the show is about and that’s what happened.

What? They didn’t evacuate anyone?

1 Like

Im pretty sure they did.

Not sure where you got that from.

Nope, they paused production for 48 hours but nobody got evacuated.

2 Likes

I assume this was referencing the season as a whole. He has watched only one episode.

He was referencing his thoughts about the whole show yes. But if episode 1 is enough to hook someone then it should be good.

1 Like

Great Sneak Peek just now!

5 Likes