Big Brother

Perhaps Gretel can be “the voice” (if you don’t take the Big Brother title too literally and view it more in keeping with 1984)

Would a revived Big Brother keep Mike Goldman as the narrator?

A revival will flop if it only works to attract younger viewers. It also needs to appeal to the older crowd who were watching 10-15 years ago (many of whom would now be in their 40s) if it wants to build enough of an audience to survive more than one season.

4 Likes

Nine have scheduled Celebrity Big Brother US to run Sunday to Thursday on 9 Go for the first week.

Sunday, 11th February

Celebrity Big Brother USA (Premiere): 8:30 – 9:30 pm (60m), M. 9Go!.

Monday, 12 February

Celebrity Big Brother USA: 9:30 – 10:30 pm (60m), M. 9Go!.

Tuesday, 13 February

Celebrity Big Brother USA: 9:30 – 11:30 pm (120m), M. 9Go!.

Wednesday, 14 February

Celebrity Big Brother USA: 9:30 – 10:30 pm (60m), M. 9Go!.

Thursday, 15 February

Celebrity Big Brother USA: 8:30 – 9:30 pm (60m), M. 9Go!.

2 Likes

CBB US will be shown same day as the US on Nine’s streaming platform 9NOW before being shown on TV for those who want to watch it earlier.

CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER U.S.

From Sunday 11 February at 8.30pm on 9GO!

FAST-TRACKED FROM USA ON 9NOW

What do you get when you cross 11 strangers with 1 house, 94 HD cameras and 113 microphones? The answer …

BIG BROTHER, the ultimate social experiment. It’s returning to Aussie screens in epic proportions, bumping up the excitement levels with Celebrity Big Brother U.S., premiering this Sunday, February 11, at 8.30pm on 9GO!

Episodes will also be fast-tracked and available to watch the same day as the United States on 9NOW, starting TODAY.

Australia will see Big Brother welcome the famous group of Housemates into his LA house, where they will face the classic game of tough competitions and heated evictions, all under the watchful eye of the Big Brother cameras.

Entering the Big Brother house for a month-long thrill ride are a chart-topping rock star, an American Pie alumnus actress, an NBA champion, a Real Housewife, a UFC legend, a Tony Award-winning actress, a model, a television personality, and a TV host, among others.

Recording their every move 24 hours a day, each week one or more of the celebrity Housemates will be voted out of the Big Brother house, with the last remaining Housemate receiving the grand prize of $250,000.

This group of well-known strangers may know what it’s like to be in the public eye, but are they ready to be monitored around-the-clock by Big Brother? Who will form alliances to stay in the house to avoid being nominated for eviction? What conversations will be shared when they feel like they are alone? And will they remember Big Brother is always watching?

Meet the 11 famous faces appearing in the first-ever season of Celebrity Big Brother U.S.:

1 Like

“Famous” is really pushing it. Ask your average Australian to identify any of these people and the only one most would be able to would be Shannon Elizabeth who had a minor role in the American Pie movies.

2 Likes

Ross Mathews is probably the only one that I know

I know Keshia Knight Pulliam was in The Cosby Show but I don’t know what she has done since then.

I recognise seven of them but did not know what one did until I saw his job description.

A bit sad that a lot of these are serial “celebrity” reality show contestants who keep popping up though.

Omarosa might be interesting due to her involvement with the Trump White House and her acrimonious departure. She’s a bit of a fruit loop too.

1 Like

I know five of the people, so half the cast. They are no worse than the celebrities we get on our shows in Australia.

Isn’t US Cerlebrity Big brother only a very short season (I think 13 eps?).

Also i doubt airing has anything to do with Aus BB. The US Big Brother is nothing like the Big brother we know. It’s all strategy and they vite each other out (no public voting).

1 Like

Yes CBS are showing it in opposition to the Winter Olympics.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if airing CBBUS (and hopefully the Regular Summer BBUS) causes a reboot of BBAus (and if they do, hopefully they do so in the Nth American format).

My reasoning is “Love Island”. 9 aired LIUK on 9Now and 9Go and it was sucessful for them. That sucess lead to them planing LIAus for 2018. If BBUS is sucessful for them, they may reboot the series.

1 Like

I would be.

1 Like

9 should never touch Big Brother again. They have proven that they dont know how a show like that should work.

4 Likes

Currently watching Celebrity Big Brother on 9Now (have no idea why it’s not on TEN, but there you go) and absolutely loving it.

CBS should just chuck a whole heap of Australian celebrities into this production, with the same production staff and editing, and shoot. It’s slick, it’s different and it would reboot it here in Oz.

5 Likes

If you think the BBUS production is slick, you should check out Big Brother Canada (calling it Slick is an understatement). Same format (the Housemates compete for HoH and PoV before voting out one of the nominees) but I think it is the better production between the two shows.

Also sidenote: the host of BBCan LOVED our Aus Survivor.

Some advertising Nine is doing via Snapchat