Big Brother

I haven’t watched it since Ch9. Just couldn’t see how pre-recorded BB could be any good given one of it’s key traits was being live.

2 Likes

Maybe something to air over the Easter non-ratings. Or something for the 8.30-9pm timeslot.

1 Like

They struggled to get 100 people to turn up to watch the launch being filmed last night - that’s where the show is at now. That said no surprise when they’re filming it 8-9 months ahead of broadcast.

5 Likes

I was quite surprised that @blackbox on the podcast the other week has started advocating for a reversal to the original format. For someone who has supported it it seems people just don’t want the shit have cooked the show into. The “couple” theme will be the death of it if they don’t revert for the next one if it gets renewed.

I think seven are either doing the couples as a way to dilute and affect Love Island and Nines plan to have it as digital first then broadcast later. Or, Seven are trying to (weirdly and misguidedly) cash in on it.

The show is DOA. It’s gone the way I knew it would when seven got it. They cooked all that was good out of it and it’s now tarnished the brand

2 Likes

I’ve really liked the new format but I think it’s gone as far as it can go.

As soon as they announced they were looking for singles I checked out. I have no interest in watching BIG BROTHER the saying show.

There’s no doubt Endemol we’re hoping the UK would take their reformatted version, but it’s good to see them going with the original.

I’m looking forward to a return to what made the show special in 2024 when house of love fails.

10 Likes

The question is, will it return after this though? When does the rights deal end, isn’t it next yer?

Do you know when the rights are back for negotiation?

When I interviewed Angus Ross for the TVBB podcast he said he is open to it returning to its original format in 2024.

He said he is keeping an eye on how it does in the UK and how the next season rates here.

I don’t know when the deal ends but continuing in ‘24 is obviously an option.

1 Like

I don’t.

1 Like

The show will be dead (if it isn’t already) way before then.

2 Likes

When is this back? Have they pushed it to next year?

1 Like

Seven’s promo (that was shown at the end of FIFA Women’s World Cup) suggests Big Brother will be back in November, after SAS Australia finishes.

1 Like

They would be better off not showing it all. 7’s version of BB is an abomination that barely anyone is interested in, worse yet this season was recorded at the end of October last year, so will be over a year old by the time they show it. Not even the diehard fans are hyped for BB anymore. 7 have well and truly killed the show in this country.

5 Likes

Agree. Seven’s versions of Big Brother haven’t been that good, and the ratings reflect that. If Seven did film it ages ago, and wanted to air it in November as a “filler”, thsn i guess its fine. But surely management will then realise its crap and they’ll bump it to one of the multis. Like Blow Up.

Should have just aired it already on 7Bravo with their other trashy reality shows like The Real Housewives and Below Deck.

1 Like

ITV’s version of Big Brother returns Sunday 8 October and they are doing it the right way with live streams, late night show, live evictions and public voting.

Big Brother: The Launch will see a new cast of carefully selected housemates, from all walks of life, become the first people to take up residence in the brand-new Big Brother house as they arrive at the famous destination in front of a live studio audience.

Given its own contemporary new look ready for this reimagining of the show, the iconic Big Brother house will play host to all the action - clever tasks, nail-biting nominations and live evictions will be back. The public once again plays a crucial role, voting throughout the series and ultimately determining the winner, who will walk away with a life changing cash prize.

Big Brother will be followed each night by Big Brother: Late & Live - an exciting new commission hosted live by AJ Odudu and Will Best from the site of the Big Brother house in front of a studio audience - giving viewers an additional hour of exclusive Big Brother content. Big Brother: Late & Live will be the only place to watch the evictees first live interview alongside an array of unmissable exclusive features including access to the camera runs, celebrity guest commentary and debate plus weekly nomination results.

The iconic Big Brother: Live Stream also makes its return to screens, airing seven nights a week exclusively on ITVX, giving fans the opportunity to watch live footage into the small hours after Big Brother: Late & Live.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s what we want.

3 Likes

Is this the Australian one?

No - UK:

2 Likes

It’s better than Seven’s iteration definitely but it’s a backwards step in terms of the comprehensive offering Channel 4 offered in the show’s original run.

The limited live stream overnight when only few diehard BB fans will tune in is the perfect example of that.

1 Like

For a second, i thought the Aussie version was returning as Live, and with an Up-Late show. Wishful thinking here. lol.

6 Likes