Big Brother

I for one hope Endemol Shine Australia are taking notes. While they may not have announced online live streaming, even the overnight televised live feeds are better than anything we’ve got in Australia basically since Nine broadcasted the show.

4 Likes

I think Seven know this season of BB they have made is a dog. They tried the whole couples thing and I reckon it’s fallen flat.

Angus Ross did say they are keen to see how BB UK revival goes with the live aspect… so there is hope? (For down the track)

4 Likes

wasnt this years specifically about Love too?

Seems like that’s the case. Was never a good idea.

I hope they can this season and do a live one next year. But alas this is Seven we’re talking about.

2 Likes

It was supposed to be but no one connected in the way producers wanted, so 7 dropped that aspect from the marketing of this season.

2 Likes

Although the live version is already going strong in the US, in Germany, in Italy, in Nigeria, in India, in Brazil, in several other countries and was in Canada until they axed the live feeds, strangling the engagement with fans. There is no question about whether the live format works - the proof is already there around the world.

3 Likes

There is a photo circulating of the new house complex. The ‘backyard’ area looks very small. Appears to be no pool, just a spa.

If BBAus does go live, I would love to see them maintain the game aspect of the current version

Isn’t that the UK house? Inspired by BBAU for sure though.

I imagine this season is just a paint job of the previous set up.

Isn’t that how the US does it & I think Canada too

Yes. US & Canada are formatted similarly (housemates compete in challenges for Head of House role, who gets to nominate people for the house vote, final 2 face a vote by a jury of evicted housemates to be winner), with the show produced live with live feeds of the house.

But even if they bring back an Australia’s vote for weekly evictions, I hope they keep the challenges as well allowing as Housemates to politic about any voting.

Why did they get rid of Uncut ? Was it after that turkey slap thing and then a politician (John Howard? ) said something about getting it off the tv?

Yes, they got rid of it shortly after the turkey slap.

Didn’t they get rid of it and then later on bring it back, but the new version was nothing like the original version?

1 Like

Yeah, in season 8 they had Big Brother’s Big Mouth which was a panel show discussing stuff that couldn’t be shown in the earlier time slot + recapping what happened during the previous week.

1 Like

After the 2005 series, the ACMA launched an investigation into Uncut and found the program had broadcast material that breached the MA classification on multiple occasions (though some breaches related to the 2001 season). There was no direct punishment imposed for these breaches, however, Ten were required to have censors evaluate the footage before broadcast.

Due to the criticism Uncut had received, it was renamed to Adults Only in 2006. During the 2006 season, the turkey slap happened, which was shown on online live streaming and not on television. Due to the backlash to the scandal, Adults Only ended early in 2006.

For the 2008 season, Ten created a new adult program, called Big Mouth, in the form of a panel show discussing mature topics, rather than just showing adult scenes.

2 Likes

Then the god awful Confidential and Late Night Feast on Nine

1 Like

Oh, god, the stupid dinner parties that they put on for Late Night Feast shudder

3 Likes

And that one song they milked over and over again.