Big Brother

Then the people running Seven are idiots. They keep wanting to win but they fall flat many nights thanks to those stupid UK dramas air after their reality. They don’t even try after 8.30pm. No local dramas, no local factuals. They’re only interested in stupid shows like Dogs behaving Badly.

5 Likes

Doubt it’s entirely a cost thing but more so Seven wanting to (rightly or wrongly) ‘shape’ the story arcs/themes of the season as they see fit - something pre-recording the entire season clearly (as seen over the past few years) allows them to do.

Australian TV has sadly become not only very risk-averse but it’s forgotten how to do ‘big event’ TV - something BB’s live evictions certainly were during its original incarnation. Seven’s incarnation of BB is testament to both of those things.

5 Likes

From Seven

Big Brother

Coming to Channel 7 and 7plus in 2023

Apply now at www.bigbrothercasting.com.au

If it’s going to be all relationship crap then I won’t be watching.

2 Likes

They are probably going for a love island type thing in a house but im sick of seeing all the young single ones that has options, they need to put in the MAFS types that are single for a reason cause they’re batshit crazy

How low can you go…

3 Likes

It’s 7, they haven’t even touched the bottom yet.

Did we all forget that channel 10 also did a ‘sexy singles’ season in 2005?

Want that the best season? Vesna etc… oh the turkey slap.

The turkey slap happened in 2006. Vesna was indeed on the 2005 season and she said she is keen to go on BB again. She was supposed to be on this year but was replaced with Layla.

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne, frustrated fans have launched an online petition demanding that producers Endemol Shine and Seven stop meddling with and ruining the format of BB. The petition calls for: live streaming into the house; public voting in eviction of housemates; live evictions; ensuring the challenges are fair and give every housemate the same fair chance of winning; banning housemates from talking about nominations / voting.

8 Likes

That’s one petition I would sign, but I have a feeling it’s already too late.

2 Likes

With Seven, there is no bottom. They just go further and further down the barrel.

2 Likes

The only reason a lot of long term Big Brother fans watched this year’s season was to see the “OG” housemates. This “sexy singles” pre-recorded season is going to tank hard. Maybe they have already planned to air it in a 9pm timeslot.

3 Likes

it might end up like BB VIP then in terms of ratings.

I am not going to be watching if it is all relationships .

And fans weren’t a fan of that approach back then. The “liars eviction” with producers kicking out those in relationships was a low point for the 10 era.

The new season of BB starts filming on Halloween

By my calculations, if the remaining three housemates are to be home by Christmas, they will have to leave the BB house by December 23. That will mean they will have stayed in the house just short of eight weeks, the shortest stay since season 12 in 2020 which went for 39 days (first season of BB on Seven).

I am going to guess this will be the lowest rated season in Big Brother history and it will be the last time it is on 7 .

2 Likes

If only it if was live to air this might be something to look forward to…

6 Likes