Big Brother

The final flopped in the overnight ratings with just 363,000. Seven couldn’t even be bothered to include a Winner’s Announcement coding - if they had the main program segment would have looked even worse. The result was lower than three episodes during this season and was half the audience for last year. The average overnight audience for the year was 344,000.

4 Likes

With it doing well in 7+ etc, maybe they might make it next year similar to 9 with Love Island?

Make it a mainly a 7+ thing with it airing on tv at a late time slot instead of 7:30

Otherwise I don’t see how it gets renewed averaging just 344k viewers

4 Likes

Tim is auctioning off the jacket he wore on the show last night with all money going to the floods.

reggiebirdbb is Reggie’s Instagram account. Her Twitter handle is bbreggie.

Not sure if this is true …it says also “Upon reaching out for comment, Seven denied the rumours.”

This year could’ve been so successful because there were a lot of people interested in seeing the OGs return. Sticking with the new BB format of 2% housemate interaction and 98% eviction challenges/strategy talk Ch7 ruined the show. How good the show could’ve been if they showed all the fun stuff the housemates get up to.

6 Likes

The issue is, Seven want to do it on a budget and want full storyline control. Until they increase budget and let the format be more organic we are stuck with the stunt show.

4 Likes

I can’t believe I stopped watching the show part way through this year; I reverted to watching the last 2 minutes of each show and didn’t even need to watch the final episode as the winner was so obvious. I never thought it would happen, having watch every episode of every season until now.

4 Likes

The foundations of the Big Brother amphitheater as seen from the new roller coaster at Dreamworld

3 Likes

Sad :frowning:

1 Like

This talks about the claims, and the podcast says that Senior 7 executives have denied the claims or something

1 Like

BB is back after all and going down the sexy singles route that BB 2005 did

1 Like
2 Likes

Sorry but I doubt seven will match the 2005 season. This is just a cheap last attempt at ratings.

Seven wouldn’t dare do anything edgy they are too safe and family friendly. So I doubt it’ll be a “sexy singles season”

2 Likes

While the post certainly says single, the page has responded to multiple comments questioning if you need to be single, saying people in relationships may apply too. Mixed messages?

Well that’s the show finished for sure. Cheap stunts whilst keeping the cheap and nasty production quality alive.

How much would it cost them to have it live? How about ditching some of the E-grade overseas dramas they have and invest it into Big Brother and local dramas?

5 Likes

Enough with the gimmicks, stunts and survivor-type challenges for Big Brother! And bring back some of the live elements of the show.

2 Likes

That’s the show done? I thought the 300k for a show that brought back some of its biggest names was the show done. There must be something 7 are seeing that we are not.

Unfortunately I don’t think ditching E grade dramas will pay for what you want. I wouldn’t be surprised if these are coming to 7 for next to nothing prices or are part of a deal.

3 Likes

Probably trying to capture the Love Island audience (Love Island UK is one of the most streamed shows in Australia)

2 Likes

Exactly, wish they would go back to the live back to basics format that the UK is doing next year. But that will never happen as long as the show stays with 7.

3 Likes