Big Brother

completely agree - I feel so dirty

2 Likes

I watch it then fast forward a fair bit , don’t care about nominations or challenges.

I’m still up to ep 3 . No idea who half of them are they used to do name labels on screen but this season i don’t think they do .

1 Like

The way it is there is honestly no point in watching the challenges or nominations anyway.

1 Like

I did see some name label but still know barely anyones name from the new ones except Johnson.

What is an OG ?

They’re using the term to mean an original housemate (i.e those referred to as “Royalty” in the pre-season marketing), such as Tim, Estelle etc

1 Like

Yeah thought so but wondered if it stood for something.

Original Gangster.

1 Like

The term comes from gangster rap music, standing for “Original Gangster”, or more generally something associated with an earlier era of something, such as the earlier incarnations of Big Brother.

2 Likes

I’ve caught up with the whole season in a few days. Basically fast forwarded through challenges and then after that fast forwarded past strategy talk and straight to the end to see who was evicted or who was up for nomination. Ends up about 20mins an episode. The challenges are boring.

The way it is edited is poor. I can’t recall which episode I saw but one minute Big Brother calls the housemates in and this housemate is in swimwear , a second later they are all on the couch and she is suddenly dressed. Also they way it is edited you would think they talk nothing but strategy and nothing else … we hear nothing about the housemates background … i guess it is like Survivor in a house now .

Apart from adding old housemates and not evicting someone as frequently it doesn’t seem much different to last year. Heck even the Ch9 version of the show seemed better than this .

Edited to add : Trevor in the house … the way it was edited he was hardly mentioned most of the series he barely said anything in the house. Guess he wasn’t into strategy talk .

2 Likes

That’s just Trevor… it was the same in the original Channel 10 series he was in. Never said much, was never nominated and ended up winning the show ($1 million prizemoney that year).

1 Like

I remember when he arrived in his original season. All the other housemates were running around like crazy things yet Trevor was just walking around slowly, taking everything in. I remember thinking how much I liked him because he wasn’t like all the rest.

1 Like

62 days.

1 Like

Why is Taras doing 2 physical challenges. One wearing glasses and one not? I tell you he’s a twin and it will be revealed on finale night

1 Like

I haven’t watched enough of Big Brother this year to see if Taras is a twin or not. But haven’t Big Brother already done a “twin twist” with the Logan Brothers many moons ago? Or do Seven completely want us all to forget about the Ten’s twists and turns?

1 Like

Rise of the underdog

Taras takes total control

Tonight on Big Brother, the top five housemates kicked off the Finals Week with a festive feast.

But the festivities didn’t last long as the housemates discovered they had to endure two crucial nominations challenges to reach the final four. With the power solely resting on the challenge winners to nominate one housemate each for eviction, the top five got to work.

A desperate Reggie reached out to Taras after eavesdropping on Johnson and Aleisha’s secret talks to target Taras and herself.

With the allies turning against him, Taras gave his all, securing a record-breaking ninth win in the first nominations challenge and putting Johnson in the firing line for eviction.

Taras then took total control of the game by nominating Johnson’s co-conspirator Aleisha after winning the second nominations challenge, his tenth challenge win and fifth in a row.

The challenge beast was blindsided by Reggie at the eviction ceremony when she voted Aleisha out despite promising him to help take out Johnson.

“What does your word mean? It means nothing. You looked me in the eye and you shook my hand,” a shattered Taras said to Reggie.

Tomorrow night on Big Brother: Taras, Johnson, Brenton and Reggie go all out for the place in an epic Live Grand Final to be crowned the greatest housemate in Big Brother history.

Head to 7plus now for extended votes, exit interviews and unseen moments.

Continues 7.30pm Monday on Channel 7 and 7plus

1 Like

I caught up with seven episodes this weekend, three yesterday, three this afternoon and tonight’s episode on slight delay.

Taras proved to be a challenge beast, winning so many challenges and making fellow housemates jealous.

After I first heard Tim was evicted on Wednesday night, I posted the newbies would work together to send Reggie home, instead I saw infighting among Aleisha, Johnson, Taras and Brenton.

On 7Plus they are calling it Season 3 . So i guess they want us to forget it ever aired elsewhere lol.

2 Likes

Taras put her in that situation by nominating her. If he stood by Reggie as much as you’re saying he did, he would have put Brenton, Johnson or Aleisha up for nomination instead.

1 Like

Sadly, neither were the viewers. Such a shame because to me, this is the best part of the show.

All along Aleisha has acknowledged that it’s a game and also recognised when someone made a good strategic move, whether she liked the move or not. Unlike Sam who threw the massive ‘who nominated me’ tantrum each time she was nominated.

I think Reggie, like a lot of the rest of us, wished BB was like the old BB and not a Survivor wannabe. Presumably they’re paid to be on the show, aside of the $250k, so perhaps that was an incentive?

I think it will boil down to whether people vote for a sentimental favourite or someone who has excelled in the new BB format. I don’t like strategy and manipulation so I’m not a fan of the new BB format and I hate that we didn’t get to see more of the newbies in some of the fun activities. Taras was brilliant at the challenges but to me he didn’t come across as all that nice. Seeing them in different situations would’ve helped a lot in deciding who to vote for.

1 Like