Big Brother

I agree. I think 10 should lay it to rest, if we are talking about 10 here. To be fair I do think it could do ok if it was done right. The use of multichannels and spin off shows would need to be considered. But I don’t think 10 would do that. That is evident by the lack of After Rose episodes of The Bachelor.

1 Like

Nine’s Big Brother was a total failure in pretty much every aspect IMO.

4 Likes

Because they turned it into a family friendly soap opera. Not the true big brother!

7 Likes

As has been pointed out, Big Brother was a trailblazing show in the fact it locked people up all day and filmed their every move.

However, Love Island, MAFS (sorta) do that now.

Am I saying that it wouldn’t work now? Not necessarily. But it’s point of difference is long gone.

3 Likes

I agree it has lost it’s point of difference to an extent. Love Island and Celebrity are the only two that come close in the turn around to airing/ability to have audience interaction… although both of them don’t have any live shows with an audience. They also don’t live stream.

3 Likes

Big Brother house is on fire.

1 Like

Wow… this house has made a lot of news lately.

1 Like

Pretty sad really.

1 Like

Oh well, knock it down… turn it into something useful.

3 Likes

Slightly difficult to see it on this photo as Nine has plastered huge watermarks over it.

Sans watermark

7 Likes

Such a sad day in Australian television history. Hopefully they erect a plaque or plant a tree at the location to commemorate the site of Australia’s first televised turkey slap.

8 Likes

the media’s fault, once again

1 Like

Did the media set the fire?

4 Likes

No but all of the coverage of people trespassing on the site showing their “exploration” videos would have motivated it.
Then these firebugs have gone in to get some media coverage.

4 Likes

Especially after recent events, surely it would’ve been wise for Dreamworld/Ardent (or whoever owns that parcel of land which houses the old Big Brother house, which I would’ve presumed is commercially owned) to have security guarding the place?

3 Likes

Not really worth stationing someone there permanently I wouldn’t have thought. It was hardly much of an asset being utilised.

2 Likes

More images of what remains

1 Like

Bruce has the expression that his hopes are dashed of ever becoming a Big Brother contestant now. :cry:

2 Likes

It’s such a sad sight to see what remains. Yes it was run down but at least it was still standing. A peice of history is now gone

5 Likes