Big Brother

3 Likes

Amelia Fisk confirmed as Executive Producer.

This is my biggest problem with BB today (incl the recent Nine seasons), 10 went all in back in the early 2000s, solid website, live streaming, update, uncut, nomination, evictions… it felt like a proper event series. BB today isn’t an event there’s no audience interaction. With better internet and social media BB should be bigger than ever.

5 Likes

The engagement you see with the Canadian and US versions just from them having a live feed (well, 4 feeds actually) is brilliant - and that serves to be far more effective than any promos spun out by the network. Spoilers galore of course, even with live feed blackouts, but no Big Brother fan is going to be such a fan they search out the spoilers online and then don’t watch the show.

The producers also use it to their advantage - BBUSA had a massive row this year just before a live show once the usual eviction night blackout begins and rather than just cover it in the main show it conveniently “leaked” online that night and was probably the best publicity the series has had in years. And although that wasn’t live it highlighted the importance of a live feed.

Of course though with the show not being live not much point in talking about a live feed.

2 Likes

Don’t know how much, but I think this explains why he is so optimistic for everything on Seven.

1 Like

Bloody hell

That’s the latest type of cruel torture.

Big Brother fans rejoice. Filming has begun.

My prediction is that the air date will be the week immediately following Easter. That’s a common time for new shows to start and gives them plenty of time to have it wrapped up before the Olympics.

4 Likes

Think you might be right. If I were 7 though I would air over Easter. Away from Lego Masters and Married.

1 Like

Or do they :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t think they should try and launch Big Brother up against MAFS. Especially in those final couple of weeks when MAFS viewing numbers typically go through the roof it would be suicide.

I assumed it would be finished by easter.

Rejoice? With no live feeds and no viewer interaction it’s just another pre-packaged reality show.

8 Likes

Easter is at the start of April this year and they keep saying that MAFS is a 10 week experiment on the show so I’m doubting it will finish by then. The couples only moved into their apartments together last week so I think would have around 7 weeks to go. So MAFS is more likely to run until late April. Every probabability they will hype up the final 2 weeks of MAFS or something over the Easter break.

If its a 10 week experiment it should be finished the week just before Easter. Easter starts 10th April. Unless by 10 week experiment you mean excluding the marriage stuff? I don’t watch it so I have no idea how all of it works.

I think this will rate lower than MKR.

3 Likes

I hope it does rate lower than MKR, so that Seven rethinks it for 2021 and have live daily shows of tje show. Instead of this pre-packaged shpw.

4 Likes

Or that it doesn’t come back at all.

5 Likes

More likely. It will be dead, buried and cremated. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes