Between Two Worlds

It sat on the shelf for a long while before it aired, you’d have thought there would have been plenty of time to rework it.

I describe it as stories of betrayal from within and outside the rich Walford family, with the working class Grey family engulfed within partly as the result of a heart transplant.

You guys don’t seem to pay very close attention to the storyline. It’s certainly not the best show ever but it does have some merits in the way the plot is unfolding. There was a lot in these episodes that could have been culled to make it more of a fast paced drama and less soapie, but it is what it is.

It was a two finger salute. It was a gesture that Danny Grey was known for. It was like his trademark or like a catchcry. He was known for it on the footy field, as shown last night when he did it to the camera, while playing.

The nurse doesn’t actually know who the heart donor was. She chose Danny Grey because his story was on the news. The cardiologist and nurse have both said that Phillip has been reacting to seeing Danny and his mother in the news and watching the AFL matches during his recovery rather than being under some control from his donor’s heart.

It’s could be a twist if Danny actually turns out to be the donor. It could also be a twist if he isn’t.

You can’t have watched 6 episodes and be that clueless, can you?

I am the same. I watched the first 4 eps before deciding to drop the show and the only thing that I could glean from the storyline is that the old rich guy got a new heart which he thinks is changing him as a person. Either way the show is not very compelling as can be seen by the dismal ratings.

In this era of streaming you have to grab people in the first episode as the majority of people won’t wait around for a show to get better.

2 Likes

so how many eps left?

Next week is the final 2 eps.

1 Like

When a show is barely rating above 100k, mass promotion is not worth it.

It’s actually a pretty good show. Seems a lot of loose ends will need to be resolved in next week’s finale episodes though. I just hope they haven’t created a cliffhanger with the assumption that it will go into a second season. It would be very frustrating if this is the case.

I am still watching the show. Due to the late start times, I taped the two episodes on Sunday and will catch up this Saturday night. Ditto for the final two episodes.

1 Like

I just catch up on 7+

I’m finding the story line and the characters are moving along slow again. (up to ep 6)

3 Likes

Is the how finished yet?

Sunday 6 September
09:50 PM Between Two Worlds S01 E09
10:55 PM Between Two Worlds S01 E10 Series Final

4 Likes

Oh was it 10 episodes. I always thought it was 6. I will start it later this week.

1 Like

eOne is about to launch sales overseas by the looks of their sudden promotion on their social media accounts. So it’ll be interesting if it sells to some big territories whether or not a second season will be picked up by a streaming network or Foxtel instead.

Because knowing Bevan and his shows, they will definitely have a cliffhanger to close it out.

3 Likes

There will not be a second season, even some of the lead creatives are not interested in returning. There is no traction for the show, its not hitting any demographic nor is there a fan base to warrant any further local investment. Foxtel or a streaming servicing would not see any increase in subscribers by providing funding for season 2.

1 Like

Anything could happen later though. Netflix funded a second season of Just Desserts based on its success on the streaming service alone.

3 Likes

Netflix / Foxtel wont touch this. I wouldn’t put in the the same league as ‘A Place to Call Home’. This is a very average (drama) production. Its been very disappointing in parts.

2 Likes

Different shows appeal to different audiences.

You just don’t know. Some shows that have been huge in Australia like Packed to the Rafters failed to find a huge audience overseas. Others which have a mediocre or poor response here like Bondi Rescue have been big in international markets and basically fund its continuing production.

4 Likes

Last episode ends with heaps of cliffhangers and unresolved storylines unlikely to ever be resolved. :rofl:

Lol so glad I gave up on this show a couple of weeks ago. Pretty bold of Bevan to assume that the show would get picked up for a 2nd season in this TV climate.