Between Two Worlds

The Sunday Telegraph reports Andrew McFarlane, whose character Gareth died in the first episode, conceded his acting wasn’t very good responding to a Facebook comment. Daniel Mark wrote:

I wish I didn’t have to declare it as a terrible show. But it is a terrible show. The performances are bad, the script is worse. Avoid if you can…#betweentwoworlds

McFarlane replied:

Gulp! I have to admit when I saw the first episode I thought I’d never acted so badly in my life! I didn’t feel so bad when we filmed it … usually you can tell if it’s not very good … but watching it, I just sank into the couch with embarrassment.

1 Like

So why the hell was there so much positive talk about this show in the industry beforehand?

Because it was created by Bevan Lee who had so much success with past works over the past four decades.

4 Likes

Even though it aired after 10pm, Seven still made a “next” promo

(There was no promo for “Liar” though, there had been a “next” one the past two weeks, it now airs after 11pm).

After the third episode, it’s still quite slow moving but there are some good twists in the story. It’s another case of a miniseries where the whole story probably could have been told in half as many episodes.

Probably already had that NEXT promo in the queue to run prior to the time slot change

1 Like

Why did this get so much hype? So far it’s just a cheesy soap opera which is going around in circles with not much happening so far.

2 Likes

Because Seven can promote things well and hype up anything, even a soap opera. Haven’t you seen Home and Away promos for over thirty years? :wink:

1 Like

Seven using an old pre-recorded full screen white text on black advisory with Deeksy at the end of each episode for “Lifeline” (due to the thematic content).

Double episodes on August 23 (Episode 5-6), August 30 (Episode 7-8) and September 6 (episode 9-10).
Synopsis for the final episodes:

EPISODE 6
Phillip stuns Sophia by naming the Foundation after Danny. Cate, hope growing that the Phillip she once loved is returning, reconsiders her affair with Julian. Georgia’s ruin of Bishop Welles begins.

EPISODE 7
Sandra is shocked when she learns Cate’s greatest and darkest secret. This alters her whole view of the Walford family.

EPISODE 8
Georgia meets with Welles, with a hidden police presence in tow; with public scrutiny mounting, Mikael takes Georgia and Rebecca to a private location away from the media.

EPISODE 9
Spurred on by journalist Jane Forbes, Sophia asks Phillip if he has Danny’s heart. Softened by his deep communication with Sophia, Phillip gives Bart his blessing to announce his engagement.

EPISODE 10
Phillip’s response to Bart and Georgia’s shock revelation has left the family in disarray. Mikael discovers a death threat note aimed at Georgia. Bart and Georgia face death.

1 Like

I’m still watching, mainly to see if the storylines go anywhere. I’m sure there will be plenty of twists along the way and I’m hoping that at the end I’ll be glad I kept watching it.

2 Likes

I just watched episode 4 on 7+.

Bit of an improvement on the last 2 episodes. The character development has improved and it’s moving a little faster in the story telling.

Unfortunately, episode 2 and 3 were below average in regards to the script, plot and acting. I feel the damage to the series has already been done. The storyline has been way too slow to get to where we are now. The series should have been tested and reworked.

2 Likes

I expect @TV.Cynic either later today or early tomorrow to be telling us the heartbreaking news that Between Two Worlds has yet again been bumped.

Anyone else reckon there’ll be a twist and its not Danny’s heart that he has.

I’ve only watched the first of the two episodes last night but I don’t mind the show and I’m glad I gave it a go. My problem is that the blonde woman mumbles a lot and it can be quite difficult to hear her so I find myself replaying her scenes so I can understand what she’s saying. She also doesn’t move her mouth a lot when she speaks so lip reading is out of the questions.

Last night was episodes 6/7. How many episodes are there all up?

I believe there are 10 episodes. Also, I’m pretty sure last night was actually eps 5/6.

Yes I agree, lots of characters on this show mumble their lines and you can barely understand what they’re saying.

Same I’m waiting for that to happen. And if so then who gave them Danny’s name instead or why more like it?

I personally stopped watching Between Two Worlds last week. It’s just too slow and the story seems to be going around in circles. Instead I binged watched Why Women Kill last night which is an excellent show, more happened in 1 episode than half a season of BTW.

I still haven’t figured out what the story is all about. It just seems to be something about a football player and a handshake between an old man and a younger woman and an older blonde woman (played by Hermione Norris) getting angry at some form of betrayal.

Perhaps I’m not the type of people to watch this kind of drama but it’s super confusing and if the audience aren’t biting, well I don’t blame them.

I reckon Seven should’ve gone for a new family drama. It’s something that they’ve excelled in for many years.

:rofl:

Yeah I watched a bit last night and the writing is not great. I just felt like a lot of stuff was very contrived. But when the old man is at some presentation thing and he put his hand up to his ear it triggered the mum of the dead kid he got the transplant off and I was like really? How could that be a trait anyone even noticed from someone.