Better Homes and Gardens

Made the show look cool, which it’s not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BHG WELCOMES NEW PRESENTERS

Sam Wood, Melissa King and James Tobin join Australia’s number one lifestyle show

Australia’s number one lifestyle show, Better Homes and Gardens , will welcome three new presenters to the team this year when the show returns for its new season on February 7.

Health and fitness expert and former Bachelor, Sam Wood , will arm BHG viewers with all the best information and advice for adopting a healthier lifestyle.

“For me, it’s about helping people move more and eat better with simple, practical and real advice that they can understand and implement into their lives,” says Sam. “I am genuinely so excited to be joining the team.”

Also joining Better Homes and Gardens this year is respected garden expert, author and television presenter Melissa King ( The Garden Gurus ).

“I will be tackling lots of fun and inspirational gardening projects - everything from edible garden projects to indoor plant styling – and I also want to encourage kids to get off the couch and into the garden with some great kid-friendly gardening ideas,” says Melissa. “For a gardening presenter, this is the pinnacle and I’m beyond excited to be working alongside people I have admired for years.”

James Tobin ( Weekend Sunrise ) will sort through the gigabytes of information out there to present the latest in Tech and Motoring.

“I’ll be playing with all the big kid toys and reporting back on how they can improve our lives at home and on the road,” says James. “I’ve known the BHG team for some time and to get to work with them is a real ‘pinch me’ moment.”

Sam, Melissa and James join host Johanna Griggs , Adam Dovile (DIY), Dr Harry Cooper (Vet), Graham Ross (Gardening), Tara Dennis (Decorating & Design), “Fast Ed” Halmagyi (Chef), Karen Martini (Chef) and Pete Colquhoun (Architect) in the new season of Better Homes and Gardens - Friday, February 7 at 7.00pm on Seven.

An exciting new addition to the gardening team of Graham and Melissa will be announced soon.

2 Likes

Maybe Jamie Durie? Could be in addition to his role as hosting House Rules, similarly to what he was doing on The Living Room.

Does anyone have a copy?

From Ch7’s Facebook page:

Wasn’t it already announced as Charlie Albone from Selling Houses Australia?

2 Likes

Good point, I think you’re right.

Seems strange they’d tease it like this, when it’s already kinda known.

Jamie would’ve been a good addition IMO.

https://twitter.com/Channel7/status/1216615864331591683

2 Likes

BH&G host Johanna Griggs has been appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in this year’s Australia Day honours for significant service to community health, to television, and to sport.

3 Likes

CHARLIE ALBONE JOINS BHG

Prominent landscape designer and television presenter brings his award-winning expertise to Australia’s number one lifestyle show

Better Homes and Gardens is thrilled to announce that landscape design expert, Charlie Albone , is joining its team of presenters this year.

Charlie ( Selling Houses Australia , The Party Garden ) will bring BHG viewers new and creative ways to transform outdoor spaces and incorporate plants into every part of their homes and gardens.

“It’s a real honour to be asked to be part of such an amazing team,” says Charlie. “I will be sharing lots of new and interesting ideas for your garden that will inspire and push boundaries, as well as advice on how to make your outdoor living the best it can be.”

Charlie has worked internationally and in Australia for the past 17 years, designing and building gardens that are timeless, inspiring and enjoyable to spend time in. In 2015 and 2016, he was awarded two Silver gilt medals for his own gardens at the world’s most prestigious flower show The Chelsea Flower Show. Following this, Charlie was awarded various AILDM and LNA awards for his work including ‘Best Design and Construction of the Year’ in 2018. Charlie is one of only seven international designers who were selected to design a garden for the Beijing horticultural expo running from April until November in 2019.

The new season of Better Homes and Gardens starts Friday 7.00pm on Seven with host Johanna Griggs, Adam Dovile (DIY), Charlie Albone (Landscaping), Dr Harry Cooper (Vet), Graham Ross (Gardening), Tara Dennis (Decorating & Design), “Fast Ed” Halmagyi (Chef), Karen Martini (Chef), Pete Colquhoun (Architect), Sam Wood (Health & Fitness), Melissa King (Gardening) and James Tobin (Tech & Motoring).

1 Like

Pete Evans has told Sunday Herald Sun that his small role on the show will expand to a larger role this year.

New opener and graphics for the 2020 premiere tonight. They also show each presenter’s Instagram account address only at the end of his/her respective segment.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Pretty much explains that their management loves screwing over those who were hardworking and high quality whilst favouring those who might be familiar but are less talented.

Seven needs to sweep out their entire management.

2 Likes

If the likes of Graham Ross (who I’m pretty sure has been on BH&G since the start) and Dr Harry Cooper (who I’m pretty sure has been on the show since Harry’s Practice ended in the Early 2000s) get to stay on, then it’s more than a bit slack how other popular presenters like Rob Palmer and Jason Hodges have been screwed over!

Agreed.

1 Like

Could BH&G be the next show to be affected by the coronavirus? Its annual Melbourne Flower and Garden Show special is due to air on March 27 (the show is scheduled from March 25 to 29). Displays are currently being built at Carlton Gardens and Royal Exhibition Buildings as we speak. If the event is cancelled then the footage taken during the next two weeks will go to waste.

3 Likes

Won’t somebody please think of Better Homes and Gardens! :scream:

1 Like

The 2020 Melbourne Flower and Garden Show was officially called off this morning, meaning BH&G will have to change its content for the March 27 episode.

4 Likes

Bh&g smashed again last night by Jane Edmondson and co. Their relaunch not going great

CHARLIE AND SAUL IN THE HOUSE FOR A BETTER BALCONY MAKEOVER

BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS, Friday, 8.00pm

HOUSE RULES: HIGH STAKES, Monday, 7.00pm

Better Homes and Gardens landscape designer Charlie Albone and Aussie home builder Saul Myers team up for a House Rules makeover

This week on Better Homes and Gardens, landscape designer, Charlie Albone, meets up with House Rules judge, Saul Myers, to get the inside scoop on the new “High Stakes” season ahead of its premiere on Monday night.

Plus, the designer and builder duo join forces for a balcony makeover that’s full of great ideas for your place.

1 Like