Back To The Rafters

I have just watched the first 2 episodes. It’s a solid return but I just feel they introduced a few too many new characters. There are a lot of stories to tell.

I finished this today. It was great to see where the rafters ended up. However I just think there were too many characters. They probably didn’t need Rachel nor did they need Cassies friend. All these characters are great for a 22 episode long season. For a 6 episode mini series it just packs too much into it.

2 Likes

I LOVED Packed to the Rafters, but I’m on episode 3 of ‘Back’ and I can’t get over the level of cheese in the writing. It’s all so, Hallmark movie channel.

It’s shit. Notice how nobody is talking about it. Absolutely ruined it with the Ruby character. She’s diabolical.

1 Like

Agree!

There was also just a line when Nathan was sending new bar chick a ‘meme’ - ‘ur gonna use all my data’… ummmm….

:man_facepalming:

I’m not sure it’ll get renewed. There’s been no buzz around it whatsoever.

2 Likes

Just another reboot that we didn’t need. While I enjoyed the first episode and it was a good nostalgia hit, I didn’t like the direction the rest of the episodes took. I think a movie could have been enough of a nostalgia hit rather than a whole season.

5 Likes

Agreed. I haven’t binged all episodes at once. I’m up to ep 3 I think. I’ll watch it all, but I’m not in a hurry.

1 Like

Can’t imagine there was that much interest in it.

Seems like i am the only one that enjoyed it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It was terrible. And I am huge fan of the original.

No surprises really.

They can blame Ruby for that.

Awful awful character.

2 Likes

I loved it too. Sad to hear this

1 Like

Really? How did you put up with Ruby?

I liked Ruby. It’s good to see children with opinions

2 Likes

No thanks. She was basically Greta Thunberg. It was horrible.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t want to be preached when I’m watching TV. Instant turn off.

There’s a reason it was axed and I’d put money on the Ruby character as one of the reasons.

2 Likes

Each to their own. You just asked how people put up with her and I was saying I liked that part of it.

3 Likes