Amazon Prime

Sounds like Amazon’s All or Nothing series which started with a number of NFL teams, then moved onto football with Manchester City, then Tottenham Hotspur (Bayern Munich is due this year, and Arsenal in 2022) and recently rugby union with the New Zealand All Blacks.

It may not be an All or Nothing though. The AFL doco was independently named.

Amazon Prime and Sony Pictures have released a new clip from fantasy drama The Wheel of Time, which debuts on November 19. Showrunner Rafe Judkins also announced Ceara Coveney, Natasha O’Keeffe and Meera Syal would join the cast as series regulars in Season 2.

Amazon Prime has also bought the rights to Arctic Drift: A Year in the Ice, a documentary about Arctic climate research expedition MOSAiC, for Australia, New Zealand and Canada, from distributor Fremantle. Arctic Drift is set to broadcast in the UK, USA and France throughout October and November, coinciding with this year’s UN Climate Change Conference which starts on November 1 in Glasgow.

Burning will premiere at the Sydney Film Festival on November 6, and launch on Amazon Prime Video on November 26 in over 240 countries and territories globally.

2 Likes

Amazon Prime has unveiled the first look at the movie Being the Ricardos, starring Nicole Kidman as Lucille Ball and Javier Bardem as Desi Arnaz, who were behind the iconic sitcom I Love Lucy.
It will have a limited release in cinemas on December 10 then on Amazon Prime on December 21.

Amazon Prime has released the official trailer for fantasy epic The Wheel of Time. The first three episodes will launch on Friday, November 19, with new episodes each Friday from November 26.

New Australian drama The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, starring and co-executive produced by Sigourney Weaver, has begun production.

1 Like

The channels available at launch are: Paramount+, hayu, STARZPLAY, MGM, AMC+, Acorn TV, Shudder, OUTtv, The Great Courses, iwonder, DocPlay and Love Nature.

2 Likes

I see this when i go to the main screen:

I don’t understand it… I’m already a subscriber to Paramount Plus. Does it just meant accessing these other services via Amazon? It’s not cheaper?

So I can watch Comedy Bang Bang on Prime but it’s an AMC plus show but pay for it via Prime?

Is every show and movie from these services on these channels?

2 Likes

I’ve just looked it all up. At least STARZPLAY, MGM, AMC+ and OutTV aren’t even available in Australia… I think Amazon might be a bit confused…

1 Like

Yes they are available.

You just access the content via the Prime Video interface and pay for it via Amazon. It’s not any cheaper as far as I know. All it does is just centralise your billing and access if you want the services they offer

6 Likes

Actually they are through Amazon yeah. So Amazon has just brought these services over? Their individual seperate websites don’t even let you sign up to them, let alone say they’re available in Australia.

Yea, they are through Amazon.

2 Likes

Yep it’s the first time these channels come to Australia, albeit indirectly.

Is it everything from these channels? Eg it has Paramount Plus… is it just a selection?

I found Comedy Bang Bang all seasons AMC+ .

Prime Video’s mobile app is slightly better, and it’s available in places the Paramount+ app isn’t (PS4). Going to move my sub over to Amazon.

This was 2017

So does this mean AMC stuff isn’t going to Amazon now ?

The series will premiere on ITV in the U.K., and will be available on Amazon Prime Video in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Nordics, and Sub-Saharan Africa.