Bachelor in Paradise

Would it have been better for Ten to show four episodes this week, instead of four episodes two weeks ago against the Commonwealth Games?

I think Ten assumed MKR would be finishing this week.

Almost half the cast has walked out which producers probably didn’t expect. With so many walking and a lot coupling up, the later entrants didn’t stand a chance.

1 Like

The US version typically gets around 5 or 6 people quitting per season, however theirs is very different in that it is a very short season (6 episodes) and they film it over a shorter period. So there are more people there in at once so gives everyone more options. The difference with ours is that the end game has come with 4 episodes remaining so if people aren’t paired up by that point it makes more sense to leave.

I thought it was the right thing to happen for so many to leave last night - the dramas of the couples pairing up is over and the last two eps will focus on what the show is really about… who of the remaining couples will stay together. I really hope the last episode shows where everyone is at months on because I know a lot of people in the office today with our water cooler talk were asking if Apollo and Simone are still together (which they are not).

1 Like

The previews make it look like Grant is proposing. It clearly looks like it’s his hand holding the a box with a ring though surely they wouldn’t make it that obvious? It makes most sense that it would be him though… and then if that happens it makes sense that Ali says no and stays here in Australia haha.

Sam Proposes To Tara And She Says Yes.

Bachelor In Paradise’s Spectacular Grand Finale.

On tonight’s romantic and emotional grand finale of Bachelor In Paradise, Sam proposed to Tara, who said yes; Megan did not feel ready to go through with the commitment ceremony and left paradise without Jake; and Grant and Ali made commitments to each other, as did Jarrod and Keira.

As their time in paradise drew to a close, Jarrod and Keira, Grant and Ali, and Sam and Tara separated to reflect on their relationships before the forthcoming commitment ceremonies.

Jake and Megan were not completely sure of their relationship. Scared of getting hurt and rushing things, Megan made the difficult decision to leave paradise before the commitment ceremony, leaving Jake heartbroken and uncertain about their future.

For the remaining couples, they had been hoping to find love and make it to the final commitment ceremony since the start of their time in paradise.

Jarrod waited by the beach for Keira to arrive. He told her she had opened a world of happiness for him and said the three magical words, “I love you”. Keira cried and Jarrod offered her a commitment ring. Keira gladly accepted the ring and the couple left paradise dreaming of the day they will turn their commitment rings into wedding rings.

Ali could not hide her excitement when she saw Grant walking towards her. Holding hands, he told Ali he had fallen deeply in love with her and presented her with a commitment ring. Although an engagement was on her mind, Ali was pleased that Grant was still able to cement their relationship with a commitment ring and accepted it.

Last was Sam, who told Osher how happy he was to have met Tara and that he was going to propose to her today. As he waited patiently, Sam was overwhelmed with emotions when he saw Tara walking towards him.

Tara told him she loved how he had never tried to change her and promised to never try and change him either. She offered him a commitment ring as she wanted to be with him forever, and Sam happily accepted it.

Full of nerves and excitement, Sam’s heart was racing as he prepared for the biggest moment of his life. He got down on one knee and with tears in his eyes, asked Tara to marry him. Tara was overwhelmed with joy and was also in tears, before saying a very happy “Yes”.

2 Likes

Well I enjoyed the finale much more than I expected, as the previous couple of episodes seemed to just be dragging things on. There were no real surprises though… Keira and Jarrod are still together, Ali and Grant have broken up and the engagement was Tara and Sam. That was a great moment of TV… one of the few pairings on these shows that look really genuine and the real deal.

Probably the surprise of the night was the little twist at the end that Ali is the Bachelorette. It seems to be getting quite a negative reaction on social media from what I’ve seen. It seems like she wasn’t really that liked by viewers, maybe the producers have got this one wrong? I would have much preferred Lisa.

I was away Sunday and missed that episode and recorded the finale. Glad I did because I could fast forward the whole Grant/Ali section, they were so boring. Thought Jarrod and Keira were very cute, and I guess I am a cynic that you can be that in love with someone after 4 weeks, but a proposal does make good TV.

There better be plenty of hot guys if Ali is The Bachelorette. I predict it will be worse than Richie.

Should be enough content form last night to keep Mamamia and the Daily Mail in click-bait headlines for a couple of months.

Megan has revealed to News Corp that she and Jake are still together. She also criticised Ten for the promo in which she kissed Thomas while both were in the water, that gave the impression she had found love with another girl.

Interesting reveal on The Project tonight that Tara is the daughter of Debbie Newsome, former co-host of Perfect Match back in the 80s.

2 Likes

Hence the appearance of Dexter

4 Likes

I’m fairly sure this was mentioned once in a All Star Family Feud episode she appeared in.

1 Like

Wasnt this revealed last year? My mum was telling me this during the bachelor.

I’ve heard this before. Pretty sure it was mentioned on the Bachelor or Bach in Paradise at some point.

So why didn’t anyone mention before now. Slackers!

1 Like

Is Apollo the new Tim Tam genie?

Yes he is.

1 Like

He looks slimmer on the Facebook ads.

Everyone looks fatter on television.