Australia's Got Talent

Would be a good get. She’s probably on the books still from the failed dance show

1 Like

It’s Ricki-Lee.

3 Likes

Interesting choice…

4 Likes

Interesting indeed. I’m not really sure how I feel about it.

4 Likes

Just one host? Or a chance of another announcement?

1 Like

RICKI-LEE TO HOST THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT SHOW IN THE WORLD

The acclaimed singer/songwriter will present AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT on Seven.

The biggest entertainment program on the planet is coming to Seven and singing powerhouse RICKI-LEE COULTER is ready to get the party started!

“I’m so excited to be hosting the show,” Ricki-Lee says. “It’s gonna be so much fun! I’m a big fan and knew it was something I’d really enjoy. Not only do I get a front row seat to watch the best talent Australia has to offer, I also know what it feels like to stand side of stage waiting to step out and do a performance that potentially could change your life.”

The news follows the announcement earlier this week of the star-studded judging panel:

NICOLE SCHERZINGER Grammy-nominated singer, dancer and TV personality.
MANU FEILDEL – Acclaimed chef, author and My Kitchen Rules judge.
SHANE JACOBSON – AFI winning actor, director, writer and comedian.
LUCY DURACK – Award-winning stage and screen star.

The Got Talent format has had more than 900 million global viewers since it began in 2006 and has aired in 194 territories worldwide. It holds the Guinness World Record title as the Most Successful Reality Television Format in history with 72 local versions around the world.

“It’s a show that families and people of all ages can sit down and watch together,” Ricki-Lee says. “It’s feel good TV and there’s no other show like it. You get to watch these incredible acts that will have you hanging on the edge of your seat, gasping with shock and screaming with excitement.

“What I love about AGT is that there is so much variety; it’s not just confined to singers or dancers. It’s every type of weird and wonderful coming together on stage. It’s always surprising too. Just when you thought you’d seen it all…you’ll see something that makes your jaw drop! And that’s the beauty of AGT.”

Ricki-Lee is an ARIA nominated singer/songwriter who has sold more than one million records and amassed over 25 million video streams since we first fell in love with her on Australian Idol in 2004 when she was only 18.

The multi-platinum selling artist has enjoyed continued success in Australia and around the world achieving three number one singles on the ARIA and UK Club Charts; as well as seven Top 10 singles, eight Top 40 Hits and three Top 10 Albums on the ARIA Chart and a Top 10 Album on Japan’s Billboard Hot 100 Chart.

In 2019, a showcase of mind-blowing acts that need to be seen to be believed will perform in front of the judges and a massive live theatre audience to win $100,000 prize money.

Filming begins this week. Be part of the audience in Sydney (May 11-14) and Melbourne (May 22-23) to see a new wave of Australian talent. For free tickets and location details, go to australiasgottalent.com.au

3 Likes

I think Ricki-Lee would have been better on the judging panel, which BTW looks to be a bore.

If AGT had any hopes of reviving, I had high hopes with its return to 7. But following these announcements (and an already lackluster year on 7), I am willing to predict that this will be the final nail in the coffin.

3 Likes

It would have made more sense to have Shane as the host and Ricki-Lee a judge.

6 Likes

Agree that Ricki Lee is a great addition but would be better off as a judge.

3 Likes

Seen in promo tonight for Seven Programs coming soon.

3 Likes

Putting aside my belief that this is a shit promo, here’s the first promo for the show:

1 Like

Titanium? Really? Is this 2012?

The only thing I like about this promo is the Gold 7 at the very end.

2 Likes

Well that was the last time Seven had an original idea so there is some synergy there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Using a dated song on a dated show and format. :roll_eyes: How on earth that is meant to give any indication that it is “A new generation of AGT” is beyond me. They should have used Katy Perrty’s new song or something.

1 Like

Come on give them a break. They’ve got that fat guy from that recent toilet movie on there at least.

2 Likes

Don’t think this will last

5 Likes

I see Seven have taken the approach of completely ignoring the fact that they and Nine have had the show before:
https://twitter.com/Channel7/status/1142978528289234944

Now Australia joins the world for the biggest talent search on the planet.

1 Like

Coming to Sundays…

2 Likes

3 Likes