Australia's Got Talent

Another good choice!

All-star judging panel announced

AUSTRALIA’S GOT TALENT is ready for takeoff with a mighty all-star judging panel set to uncover the finest talent this country has ever seen.

The following judges will bring a new level of expertise, energy and fun to what is undisputedly the world’s biggest entertainment show.

NICOLE SCHERZINGER Grammy-nominated singer, dancer and TV personality.
MANU FEILDEL – Acclaimed chef, author and My Kitchen Rules judge.
SHANE JACOBSON – AFI winning actor, director, writer and comedian.
LUCY DURACK – Award-winning stage and screen star.

Watched by half a billion people worldwide in 2018 alone, the Got Talent format is the world’s most successful talent search with 72 local versions across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle-East, Africa and the Americas.

With the show at its peak globally, it’s now Australia’s turn to join the Got Talent revolution with a supercharged, event-scale series like you’ve never seen before.

Nicole, who has sold 60 million albums as the lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls and 16 million records as a solo artist, arrives in Australia this month to start filming.

“It’s really wonderful to see every day people come on a stage and show their talent,” Nicole says. “These contestants can be your next-door neighbour or your grade school teacher – it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from. The show reminds everyone they too can follow their dreams and honour their gifts – even if they’ve kept them hidden.

“I love watching undiscovered talent come into their own. It takes a lot of courage to get up on a stage with millions watching, and I want to be that voice of encouragement to help these contestants ultimately become the best versions of themselves.”

Before finding fame as a chef and TV presenter, Manu mastered juggling, unicycling and acrobatics at a circus school as a teenager. He says he’s looking forward to dishing out his opinions on this year’s stars in the making.

“I’m super excited! I’m a huge fan of good old entertainment. It’s the kind of family show I’d like to watch myself. It’s simply entertaining for all ages. It just puts a smile on your face. Expect fun! Fun and a lot of laughs.”

A new wave of Australian talent is on the verge of being discovered and one thing’s for certain… Got Talent makes megastars!

Got Talent has over 24 billion hits on YouTube. 2017 Asia’s Got Talent winner The Sacred Riana has the number one all-time video on Facebook with almost 700 million views and counting. America’s Got Talent ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer and magician Shin Lim both enjoy unparalleled success at home and abroad. Britain’s Got Talent discovered tenor Paul Potts , whose debut album topped the charts in 13 countries, and Susan Boyle , who has had number one albums in over 40 countries.

In Australia, the show has unearthed opera star Mark Vincent , singer/dancer Timomatic, R&B sensation Andrew De Silva , magician extraordinaire Cosentino and dance troupe Justice Crew , who competed this year against the world’s best in America’s Got Talent: The Champions.

The show also continues to smash ratings records around the world. In the UK, series 13 launched to 8.1 million viewers making it the number one show of 2019 to date. Meanwhile, America’s Got Talent: The Champions was the number show of the season last year averaging 14 million viewers per episode.

In 2019, a showcase of mind blowing acts that need to be seen to be believed will perform in front of the judges and a massive live theatre audience to win $100,000 prize money.

4 Likes

It’s great to have Shane and Lucy on the panel as they both have extensive stage and screen experience. Nicole is also a good choice as she had been a judge on several shows overseas including The X Factor UK and most recently The Masked Singer.

4 Likes

I thought that Danni Minogue was coming back for this reboot. I guess not.

The only person on that judging panel that excites me is Nicole Scherzinger. The rest are meh.

3 Likes

Manu on this show is a mistake. The rest are good.

7 Likes

More of Manu is not a good thing. The rest are okay, but nothing amazing.

Great photoshopping there by Seven also

Does Shane Jacobson appeal to you guys? He is one of the few personalities that has always made me automatically switch off. Which is a shame because Nicole is shamazing!

3 Likes

A chef on a talent show doesn’t sound right at all.

Apparently he can juggle or something.

But can he juggle two shows? :wink:

2 Likes

i thought this announcement was a aprils fools joke but then I realised it was may 1, not april 1. I hate that panel!!! token overseas personality, TV chef, shane everywhere =!!! Its soo terrible.

I actually like the inclusion of Lucy however, even though most people wont know who she is - she will be a bit crazy like nat Bass was on X factor

1 Like

She starred in Wicked the musical a few years ago.

2 Likes

I know that Manu had some little circus experience prior to his television career, but still think his appointment to being a judge on this show is odd. He is known as a tv chef. From his days from Ready Steady Cook, to My Kitchen Rules where he largely known. If he had other gigs in between, then different story, but to go on this show now seems out of the blue.

3 Likes

What about judges from other series such as Heidi Klum, Piers Morgan…

A chef can judge a dancing dog as well as a professional singer can!

1 Like

Surely they could have done a better job with re-touching the Promo Photos, Lucy appears to have been on an outdoor red carpet, Nicole is a very old promo photo, they should try and make it look like they were photographed at the same time.

1 Like

And they could have pixelated Shane’s face

2 Likes

Does anyone recall the time in the 2016 season when they hired a faux robot dog for no reason without knowing its creator?

Host revealed tomorrow…

1 Like

Ermahgerd it’s a woman

1 Like

Julia Zemiro I think

2 Likes