Australia's Got Talent

It’s just a thought given there’s a lot of buzz surrounding the Americas Got Talent: Champions version which has been thoroughly enjoyable but I guess they got contestants from all over the world, including Susan Boyle. I’m just wondering if Seven could do similar as bringing back the same old AGT to me just feels repetitive. Promoting some really good acts making a comeback could stand a better chance than just the same thing again. I guess it could go either way.

If Seven took the same direction for AGT as 10 took for DWTS then it will have a chance to thrive. If not then the show will probably be a dud from the get-go.

I guess Seven doesn’t have the money to get the people from overseas.

Or a special… AGT: Whwre Are They Now?
Isn’t Cosentino in the US? Justice Crew, and Taylor Henderson, have a recording career. Bonnie Anderson in Neighbours?
And also spend some time on the ones who didn’t go on to a showbiz career…
If they can get them for the special, that’d be great, but if not they could still be featured

1 Like

I think you mean Shane Bourne?

I agree. He was one of the reasons Dancing with the Stars got killed on Seven. He’s very boring and lacked the excitement the likes of Daniel MacPherson brought to the show.

2 Likes

Posted on Facebook

1 Like

I hope it does. They need original content not lazy last resorts.

1 Like

I agree though I don’t think it’s that easy. About the only ‘new’ content they can get is international formats that have not been seen in Australia.

1 Like

The Masked Singer would provide a whole lot more buzz. I’d love to see a network pick that up.

1 Like

Some might say more reality but in all honesty it would be 1000x better than MAFS. I would love Seven to pick this up to air later in the year.

2 Likes

From the sound of things, I don’t think anyone wants to be auditioned lol. Goes to show how disengaged the audience is with the brand.

Sunday Herald Sun is reporting that Manu Feildel could become a new judge on Australia’s Got Talent. Manu trained in circus arts for three years before concentrating on a cooking career.

1 Like

No, thanks. Seven need new talent for the show and the judging panel.

8 Likes

Everything AGT has been very quiet. No host or judging chatter; other than Manu (which would spell disaster IMO).

Joining Manu on the judging panel are Shane Jacobson, Lucy Durack (stage/screen star) and Nicole Scherzinger (singer).

1 Like

3 out of those 4 are quite good. Love Lucy on the panel - not someone I thought of but makes perfect sense. Nicole has judging experience and knows what makes good TV in that regard. Shane is a good but somewhat uninspired choice.

Manu…

3 Likes

That judging panel is just awful.

4 Likes

Julia Zemiro to host?

I thought Luke Jacobz was hosting? Or was that something else?

1 Like

He is doing a new show called The Proposal. The smart money would be on Julia to do AGT but we’ll see what Seven has in mind.

4 Likes

Get her whilst she is still in contract!

1 Like