Australia's Got Talent

The Got Talent Global YT channels ain’t found of Australia’s Got Talent’s post-2013 content… They just think they never existed…

And for good reason.

2 Likes

Australia’s Got Talent has had its day. The format is so predictable (like most Simon Cowell shows) and Seven and Nine did it no favours by having trash hosts and below par judges.

2 Likes

Trash hosts?

More about the production and the tired format than the host.

1 Like

Grant Denyer was alright but Dave Hughes was rubbish when he hosted it. Julia Morris was cringeworthy as well.

The format was stale and the production was bad with no real ‘star’ judges or stars that are relevant today (other than maybe Dannii and Sophie Monk, I wouldn’t call Kyle Sandilands a star).

2 Likes

You’re very cranky about a lot of people.

1 Like

Except for Grant Denyer as mentioned above :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hmmm I actually disagree I thought nine did have good hosts and great judges to try and reinvent it. The format was the problem. Sophie Monk and Eddie Perfect were great judges, in my opinion.

1 Like

Just saw another one of those “apply now” promos. At the start, they mentioned the most-viewed Got Talent clips from other versions despite the Australian version not even having a YT channel. (Bonus points to the Boogie Storm audition, seeing that Nine wouldn’t be happy due to having the broadcast rights to the UK version (their 2016 revival was based around it)) I think the footage in these promos come from international versions, so Seven clickbaiting us again?

One can really hope that Seven will produce a much fresher, newer and younger-skewing version of this show when it’s rebooted later in the year. I hope that like 10 with DWTS, everything is ripped apart and starts new again. No more old judges, new set like the UK/American version and some likeable and new hosts (i.e. not Shane Jacobsen).

Otherwise they might as well not bother.

1 Like

Pay the huge dollar and get Adam Hills

1 Like

This has been done to death and shouldn’t be returned. It’s a silly decision that will backfire.

2 Likes

If DWTS, by any magnitude, does well on 10, then it would be safe to say Seven will proceed with it. Although TBH it’s flopped twice already so it will probably flop again anyway, unless if they somehow find a way to reinvigorate the show to be more like the British version.

1 Like

Flopped twice?
Pretty sure it’s only flopped once…on 9.
It was a success on 7.

1 Like

Then why was it axed on Seven?

2 Likes

Like all shows it came to the end of its run with lower ratings…but that doesn’t mean it was a flop. And it certainly wasn’t for many years. A 6 year run on 7 is pretty good going.
I guess it did flop twice on 9.

3 Likes

Nine did that in 2016, and it flopped.

Americas Got Talent: The Champions has been amazing to watch. I’m wondering if Seven should have gone that angle to launch a new season and brought back some of the best contestants from the show over the years. I think that would be a little more exciting than bringing back the same show that was axed on Seven and then axed on Nine.

No thanks. We need new blood, not the same old again. That’s one of the undoings for Ninja Warriors.

Viewers want new things, not the same old rehashed crap (though same could be said about this show).

Was thinking while watching DWTS last night if Todd McKenney might be involved in this as a judge. I believe he is also contracted with Seven for the upcoming ladies season of The Full Monty, so it might be nice to see him on this project as well.