Australia's Got Talent

hahaha ok… honestly have never heard of them in my life so i thought they were z-list celebrities or something

Google is your friend.

Kate Richie is 43 and Shane Jacobson is 52. That might sound “old” to an 18 year old but in the whole scheme of things, they are middle aged. Plus, they are there so AGT appeals to many demographics.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry what I mean by that is they haven’t been in the main spotlight of society for a while

You could be forgiven for not recognising Shane Jacobson in drag for Hairspray 2022. :stuck_out_tongue:

But no excuses for Kate Richie. :wink:

1 Like

Yes Shane was a judge on AGT in 2019 when it returned to seven with Manu, Nicole Scherzinger and Lucy Durack.

2 Likes

Unless Shane is living to 104, 52 is a bit beyond middle aged.

Most experts place middle aged between 45-65.

Middle aged isn’t a determination of someone’s lifespan rather the point in life changes.

3 Likes

What does that sentence even mean? The point in life changes?

Social changes, physical changes, cognitive changes.

I too wondered the same thing as you. But a quick google educated me that middle age didn’t mean the middle point in someone’s life.

Middle age has always been a term to describe the age before “old age”. So old age is considered to be over 65 and “middle age” is generally 45-65.

Excuse me I’m 54 and would like to think I’m not old age!

1 Like

The first year of AGT didn’t actually do that well.

It wasn’t until Kyle and Brian McFadden joined that it started to gain a bit of traction. Brian McFadden was really the first time, I believe, that an international judge was included on a the judging panel of a talent show.

I don’t think Idol or So You Think You Can Dance used international judges before that.

1 Like

Filming moved from Rooty Hill to ICC at Darling Harbour in late June.

According to That’s the Ticket website, Thursday was the grand final of AGT. It and the semi-final (filmed on July 16) took place at Parramatta’s Riverside Theatre.

AGT is expected to air after the upcoming season of My Kitchen Rules finishes.

2 Likes

So another fake finale then with a fake winners announcement (assuming they open it up to viewers again). These shows really don’t work without some public involvement.

5 Likes

That’s what happens when a show has overseas judges. You just can’t ask them to fly back to Sydney later this year just for the live broadcast of winner announcement.

Why can’t they fly back? People fly all the time for various reasons. That seems like a very weak reason.

3 Likes

I agree a flight isn’t too expensive either in the grand scheme of things. I guess the lure of something being filmed in a few weeks makes it more tempting for bigger talents

1 Like

Worked out just fine when Kelly and Boy George (and all the international judges) on The Voice on Nine.

This is clearly a cheap and nasty cost-cutting exercise by Seven. Quality is never even considered by the bean counters.

5 Likes