Australian Survivor

Just the way that promote the show. They promote the whole week and outline it begins Sunday. They also promoted the paramedics in that clip but that didn’t happen last night did it?

So last night was “Survivor shock exit Sunday” and now tomorrow is being advertised as the “emergency shock exit”. :thinking:

Lol stop justifying false advertising even if other shows do it. Yes lots of shows stretch the truth but it seems 80% of the time this season it’s either a promo about sneaky Dave who switched the fake Idol or a shocking exit or Tribal or best season ever!!! So far it’s been a boring predictable season and the advertising department must think so too if that’s all they can come up with. They are literally pulling sh!t out of their asses.

With the merge screening next Sunday, and provided 10 continues to show three episodes each week, then the grand final should air on Tuesday, September 10 or Sunday, September 15.

Not sure how it’s false advertising. Neighbours and home and away advertise over the weekend about events that will happen during the week. As does shows like the block saying will such and such finish on time - for the event to only happen on the following Sunday. Even AGT we’re promoting semi finals over the weekend which happens tonight rather than last night. But you haven’t complained about any of that before…

Fact is survivor doesn’t just do it. 10 know they need to get the viewers in on Sunday’s it’s their toughest night and there advertising seems to be resonating this season. Good on them.

1 Like

Turns out it was Ross who broke his ankle in the immunity challenge tonight and had to withdraw from competition. Apparently the rope snapped at the top of the frame, causing Ross to hit the wooden platform and falling to the ground. You have to wonder if the crew did a safety check after building the set?
It was a nice gesture for Jonathan to bring the Champions tribe to come to Contenders camp to say farewell to Ross though.
The tribal merge is tomorrow, not this Sunday.

That actually angers me that it wasn’t something Ross did but the challenge not being safe enough for everyone to complete. There are numerous challenges this season where I’ve thought it’s pretty risky, like that water slide thing they go down and then go flying into the water could also potentially be really dangerous.

It’s a shame Ross left as I thought he was an interesting contestant and might be willing to shake things up come the merge.

I thought that was bizarre they did that but I guess this is the beginning of the merge?

1 Like

I agree I thought it was pretty strange. But it wasn’t the beginning of the merge that is the next episode. I guess there also won’t be an elimination tonight.

But was Harry on the rope before Ross? something to ponder…

Another episode another hidden immunity idol found. It happens nearly every episode.

I’m wondering if Janine could be out next? Cause She was on Celebrity Name Game a night after Matt was on so had the time to film it. She’s also done a few interviews this week which I found odd cause she was still in there on TV.

Pretty sure they finished filming this seasons a while ago so I don’t think this means anything.

That’s right. It’s been in the can for a while

I’m not sure celebrity name game is a reason for it. I remember saying last year about Benji going as he was in Australia the week before he left and he ended up going a few episodes later.

Last night’s reward challenge was a twist of Survivor auction of previous seasons with temptations (mostly food, but also an advantage in the immunity challenge) on offer. Daisy, who won the reward challenge, could not eat all the food in the crate and could not share it with fellow competitors, and the crew had to take back the leftover food. What a waste.

But ten schedule the appearances to fit with the narrative and Grant had time off so they probably had fewer eps to choose from and played Janine’s ep early?

Ross was on Studio 10 yesterday. He said he was still wearing moonboots two months out from his ankle injury during the reward challenge, and would be out of surfing action until December.

What is this shit? You have to work out who’s leaving while heading to tribal council? It seems so staged, bringing in certain people each time to the same fire.

There were three separate fires, the main one and two smaller ones, based on the drone shot. It allowed castaways to discuss strategies.

It didn’t seem right. Would have been better to have them vote there and then at the challenge with zero discussion as a twist.

Australian Survivor’s The Jury Villa returns to 10 Play

The Jury Villa, 10 Play’s exclusive Australian Survivor companion show, has returned this season. The digital-only show follows the journey of the final Survivor tribemates after they get eliminated and are reintroduced back into civilisation, sequestered as jury members.

Australian Survivor ’s executive producer Cathie Scott said: “This season of Australian Survivor has taken the format to a whole new level! We’re witnessing more intense and strategic gameplay, exceptional production values and heightened audience engagement. With records being broken across all 10 platforms, fans are loving the show.

The Jury Villa is a great way for us to extend the Survivor storyline beyond the initial broadcast and onto our digital platform, 10 Play. It was one of the highest rated digital companion shows on 10 Play last year – particularly with our under 50s audience. I’m sure it will continue to entice and excite the Survivor fans this season.

“Like Australian Survivor , this season of The Jury Villa is set to be a must-watch. We’ve really upped the ante on the production of the show and, based on the gameplay this season, audiences can expect some pretty interesting interactions at the Villa as the castaways are voted out of the main game!”

Australian Survivor is currently averaging a 7 day total audience of 867,000, up seven per cent on last season - the highest total audience of all seasons on 10. This includes a BVOD average of 78,000, up 32 per cent year on year.*

Network 10’s general manager, digital Liz Baldwin said: “Digital extension shows on 10 Play are a fantastic way to engage fans by giving them exclusive behind the scenes insight. The Jury Villa continues our strategy to produce exclusive show-adjacent content across 10’s ecosystem and I’m so pleased we were able to bring it back this year.”

Each episode of The Jury Villa is released on 10 Play immediately after Australian Survivor airs in each market.