Australian Survivor

from Shauns instagram; it seems the plan going into tribal was to split the vote between david and hannah, because they suspected luke had an idol. Portrayed very differently on screen, but very good gameplay by shaun.

Its a shame we didnt get to see more of hannah, again an elimination without any confessionals, even later in the season. seemed like she had a fun and bubbly personality that the show could have really used more of.

2 Likes

According to Wikipedia, the first round voting went like this:
Andy voted to eliminate Daisy.
Baden and John voted to eliminate Hannah.
Daisy, Shaun and Hannah voted to eliminate David.
David and Luke voted to eliminate Shaun.

Yeah I’m over people like Andy and Harry who are wannabe big game players and villains but are all talk and can’t execute anything. That whole plan by Andy really blew up in his face, being the only person who voted for Daisy. It won’t be too hard for anyone to work out that was him who leaked the information to David. Of course it flushed out the Idol’s but it kept David in the game and I doubt that anyone trusts Andy now and has put him in a really bad position. Even David and Luke will suspect that Andy only did this to flush out the Idols.

I just hate with the editing how they completely disregard key things in the lead up to tribal. There was zero talk or mention of any contender even considering changing the vote split from Luke to Hannah (apart from faking it to David and Luke) yet it was clearly what they had discussed and decided to do. They completely mislead us.

I am very relieved that Shaun didn’t go though. I really want him to outlast David.

1 Like

Shaun should just throw the next immunity challenge if he wants to get rid of Dave but I have a feeling from the ads the pink team will be at tribal tonight and then after that a merge cause the producers could see where this was going.

I hope you are right. I’m not ready to see Dave go

this tribal is better than last night! but they didnt promote it like an OMG moment one.

Another painful couple of episodes regarding poor strategy and of course more women bit the bullet.

I just can’t with Andy. He may make all the right noises, but his actions dictate those of an idiot. His idea was quite a sound one, just before tribal make a move so the others don’t get wind and be ready to pounce. Though for that to work you actually have to have a good rep, not one marred by being a scheming untrustworhy player.

On the flipside, David & Luke were idiots. Here is someone offering you an olive branch, confirming your gut feelings that something is amiss yet you choose to ignore it when you’re down in numbers. Fools. At worst case scenario they loose their idols wihhout having to play it (which happened with numpty Luke) and at best Andy is being truthful and you boot Daisy part of a power couple and see a way to mend fences.

Janine is an idiot. Her gameplay is only being saved by there being much bigger idiots around her. Throwing a challenge for someone that has told brazen lies and lied straight to your face whilst also throwing members of your core alliance under the bus if he needs to. Also Luke makes flashy moves just because he can. He isn’t loyal to you Janine. There’s no point making the merge only for your past tribemates to turn on you. She should stop trying to create even bigger divisions in the Champions/Contenders divide and create new bonds. Such poor long term sight. Also allowing yourself to be overheard throwing a challenge. Moron.

Also why does Janine think her idol is valid? Her idol is only good for an original contender. It doesn’t suddenly grow power because she got shifted to the Contender tribe. If that were the case if David was flipped his idol would be useless.

So Harry says he’s voting for a champion only to vote out Casey.

I really liked Casey but she shot herself in the foot and played appallingly. Not sorry she’s gone.

Why didn’t Shaun, John & Daisy throw a challenge. Shaun has spoken numerous times at the first chance to cut David. Well you had you chance again and didn’t throw it whilst your potential allies are getting booted.

Also why didn’t we see Shaun and Daisy confront Andy over blowing up their gameplay?

Why the hell did they allow David to go first on reward and get an idol. Dumb Daisy and Andy grow a spine and use your mouth.

This season sucks so far.

Last night’s episode just showed how terrible game players almost everyone out there is. From letting Dave go first straight to an Idol, to throwing a challenge and then Casey being the most wishy washy player ever. I’m really disappointed how amateur these people are. I hate to say it, because I can’t stand David, but at least he seems to have a clue on whats going on and how to play.

I couldn’t believe Daisy could be so naive in letting David going to the reward cinema first. If she had watched the previous seasons of Survivor before applying for the show, she would have known almost every reward would have clues on hidden immunity idol.

2 Likes

maybe the producers wanted him to go first though?

1 Like

I am actually really enjoying this season. So disagree with that. However, I wish they hadn’t done the same twists they have done every year for the last 3 seasons. Other than that I think the casting was strong and the gameplay has been unique.

4 Likes

I agree. It’s funny how the people so outspoken about their game play (Janine, Harry, Andrew) are the worst at it lol meanwhile the quiet ones are sailing by. I think Daisy is the biggest game player in there.

We actually saw the discussion where Daisy told him to go first and then after he left she realised what it could mean. The producers would not have expected that to happen, but would have been loving it.

What an idiot casey turned out to be, her strategy to play both sides just turned out to be betraying both sides. And everyone wanting her gone.

And if Harry was going to vote Casey, he could have convinced Matt to vote Casey and held onto his idol.

Harry knew he was a dead duck. But the funny thing is Matt said he was staying on the contenders side but he voted Harry? Did he know it was a dead vote?

It’s not a shock exit if you spend all week promoting a shock exit.

4 Likes

The Channel 10 promo’s do my head in. Shock exit could literally mean anything. It could be someone they deem as popular. It could be someone with an Idol. It could be someone going because an Idol is played against them. It could just be someone who doesn’t expect it… I could go on.

Matt Farrelly is on Celebrity Name Game next Monday while Janine will be on Tuesday’s show. Does it mean either Matt or Janine (or both) will be eliminated next week?

Well they have to sell the show don’t they?

1 Like