Australian Survivor

Looks the the Reunion show was filmed today based on the Instagram stories of the cast

Yeaah I saw Robbie at the airport in Adelaide. He mentioned he was going to Sydney to film the reunion episode.

Last night Sharn showed again what a great player she is to prevent that vote going to a tie. Shonee was stupid to vote for Shane.

They are calling it the “Greatest final tribal council in Australian Survivor history” which makes me think that Brian is there at the end and it is an extremely bitter jury. I think that no matter who is up against him, whether it’s Shane or Sharn, will win. Sian has pretty much been consistantly edited at the forefront hte entire season and Shane is suddenly getting a strong edit lately on how well she’s played. I don’t even know who would vote for Brian at the end. He has pretty much burnt every person there apart from maybe Monika. Also I’ve heard that there are still a lot of bitter contestants post the show and I can only image that is people towards Brian. He has just played so dirty and obviously doesn’t understand the end game very well. Even things like last night taking the meal for himself is not going to help his case at the end.

3 Likes

Sh…Sheesh.

Sian? Somebody has been watching BB UK.

No I actually work with a Sian and it’s pronounced the same haha. I corrected it though within a couple of minutes. Someone was quick.

1 Like

Go Sharn or Shane, get lost Brian. :rofl:

Why was Osher Gunsberg in the studio audience for the winner announcement and reunion show?

Seat filler. Trouble finding an audience.

2 Likes

Cross promotion. Maybe he is a fan and pulled some strings. Does it matter? Lol

Not the winner I was expecting at the start of the episode!

1 Like

He’s a big fan of the show, he posts about it regularly on his social media channels.

2 Likes

Casting calls went out during the final tonight. Great reunion show with a lot of participation from the season’s cast; stark contrast to recent US seasons.

2 Likes

Agree. The last few reunions have only focused on a few contestants and seemed more like a promotional tool for new shows on CBS.

1 Like

That was a great finale. Shane Gould beat Sharn Coombes by one vote! It was the closest finale result in Australian Survivor history. Both ladies deserved to win but it was Sharn’s refusal to tell Mat he would be blindsided at the tribal council which came back to haunt her.

1 Like

Congratulations and well done Shane. Remember going to North Sydney pool back in 1972 when I lived in Sydney, to see her break a World Record. Sharn would have also been a worthy winner.

1 Like

But don’t you find it funny its always so close and by one vote? I reckon sometimes its a landslide and they know the result but tell them they are gonna change vote numbers for the drama cause it wont affect the outcome anyway.

Sharn’s speech was terrible! How does she win cases like that? Also interesting to note is this reunion was filmed days ago with people in the audience knowing who won but when did betting end?

Always thought Shane Gould would win if she made it to the end. Great that Ten went to the effort of producing a reunion special. Jonathan did a creditable job of hosting and it turned out to be much better than the reunion shows for the last few seasons of the American show.

Gave last season a miss because Ten killed it by drawing out episodes to fill time in the schedule. The restraint shown this season certainly helped the show. If only the less is more attitude could be adopted by producers of other reality shows,

3 Likes

It is not often so close. Two years ago, the first of the seasons on Ten, the vote was 8-1 and last year it was 6-3. The close vote was confirmed because Ten showed how each person voted and their comments when voting.

1 Like

The reunion was on Friday but you could still bet until Tuesday morning.

It’s not always close. There have been some seasons of Survivor where one person got all the votes.