Australian Survivor

Yes I’ve watched a lot of Survivor and generally the edit represents how a players game plays out. I know on US Survivor they usually edit the season backwards to show the right story arcs for contestants. So if someone gets an under the radar / invisible edit it generally means there is a reason for it. I know things are done differently on Aus Survivor but I still believe that if Monika played out a strong strategic game then they would have shown more of that. Instead I think she will just fizz out as the editing is highlighting the emotional/confused side of her over anything else. Look at how Brian is suddenly being shown as this central person controlling the game - I’m certain it means that he will either be blindsided soon or will otherwise make it right to the end and be a shot at winning.

In regards to Shonee her edit earlier in the game completely represents how her game has played out thus far. I said that I think she will make close to the end because for someone who has shown little strategy and does nothing around camp she got a few scenes that really focused on her… so I’m not surprised at all she is still there in top 6.

At the end of the day if the content is there for them to show then it means it’s a trait in the person. OF course the show will milk certain angles from people to give content. It’s like with The Bachelor… whilst I strongly believe the “mean girls” were edited to show every single bad comment from them to make them look worse than they actually were, the fact is they made those comments (and did it a lot more than anyone else) and left the show in a dramatic way over them so of course the editors were always going to focus on that with them.

Also I’ve heard that the finale is due to air on Tuesday 9th October. So there are 4 more episodes.

This was tweeted out a little while ago but it’s becoming more apparent that some contestants really don’t like each other

Out of the people left I don’t want any of them to win. most of them just sat around doing nothing. So I could see how they would be pissed off. Also has it always been $500k? normally celebs also play for charity too.

1 Like

Interesting. Especially when you see so many of them catching up.

Yes it has always been 500k. Just like how on US Survivor they win 1 million but after taxes they get around 500k

Well Brian was an idiot!

4 Likes

So stupid but well done to Sharn and Shane for really scrambling and making Sharn look like a bigger target. That’s how you play when you are on the bottom and desperate.

At this opint I could only tolerate a Sharn and Shane final 2. I don’t like anyone else. Brian has been playing but I feel like he will be hated by everyone at the end. Neither Monika or Shonee deserve to win, they are useless.

4 Likes

I can wonder how Monika made it this far given she had never won an individual immunity challenge.

Maybe they are angling for Sharn to win considering she “found” 2 immunity idols (one to be used for shock value, not even on herself) within weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised if Shane had one too and pulled it out tonight.

Hopefully the girls will all turn on Brian and blindside him so he doesn’t play his idol. I’m for Sharn or Shane too!

1 Like

That was a great move. Shonne is a lot smarter than anyone has given her credit for.

3 Likes

Looks like Brian’s win of a car might come at a great price down the track.

1 Like

I think its come to that point now that whoever he is up against at the end will beat him. This doesn’t seem like the jury that appreciates a player like him.

1 Like

Would any jury?

His edit has become a lot more stark the past couple of episodes. Really coming across as a bit of a pig.

2 Likes

I think its mainly been luck up until this point. but she is probably in the best position now as if her Sharn or Shane win immunity then Brian is gone is Brian wins it Shonee can jump back on board with him to vote the other two out which would be in Brian’s best interests too… He’s not gonna vote Shonee out over those two.

It took her 46 days to start playing the game. As an individual she is actually OK, she just became a useless nothing as she was so attached to Fenella.

Another great episode. This season has been solid. I found the previous 2 Aussie seasons frustrated me constantly but this year I have really enjoyed it. The editing has still been a bit shonky but at least it’s been quite unpredictable.

I’m all for the Shhhhh alliance to go to the final 3 now. Sharn would be a great winner, I would be OK with Shane and Shonee is a last resort but I’d prefer her over Brian!

Yeah there is no way that he wins. We’ve had contestants portrayed this way in the US and win, however Australian reality shows generally go for the big feel good happy ending angle. Sharn, Shonee and Shane have all been edited in positive lights throughout the season so one of them has to win surely. The only good thing about Brian making it to the end would be a very bitter jury so could be a good final tribal.

1 Like

For the record:

Tuesday 9 October
07:30 pm Australian Survivor Season Final
09:00 pm Australian Survivor Reunion Show

2 Likes

Wow - the Goggleboxers really don’t like Brian do they! They loooved Steve though. Seemed to be pretty much universal across the households.