Australian Survivor

This is a brand new concept. It has never been done on US Survivor. I don’t see the point of it other than production needing another non elimination episode to extend the season.

1 Like

The production team even made a necklace for Dead Man Walking.
Unless there is a double elimination next week, I think the finale won’t be shown on Tuesday October 9.

Lol at the Commando promo, “Will he be The Biggest Loser?” :joy:

3 Likes

From sites ive seen the finale is October 9th. I was wondering the other day how they would stretch it out. Guess this is how.

What a ridiculously stupid twist. After two really great episodes this twist completely fizzed this season out for me. It literally sounds like something they completely made up last minute as they needed something extra to buffer the extra episode they would have got if Tegan had been saved at that tribal council. If she was saved they wouldn’t have had/needed this twist as it would have given them an extra episode. grrr.

I don’t know but I loved every minute of this show last week but watching last night all I could think was how weak this cast is. Shonee/Fenlla/Monika have just been floaters in the middle the whole way. Brian barely had any airtime either until the last few episodes. Steve is pretty much the same and is so damn dull. Shane was in the background too for a lot of the season. I think it’s probably just really bad editing and Aus Survivor focuses more on the people who are getting the boot to give airtime so a lot of the ones who made it far were cut out earlier on. Sharn is the only one left I would really like to see win as she has been pretty consistent across the season.

Yes it will.

Tonight 7 go down to 6.
1st October: 6 go down to 5
2nd October: 5 go down to 4
8th October: 4 go down to 3
9th October: Finale. There’s always been 3 in the finale of Aus Survivor.

Another twist to Dead Man Walking: Commando Steve had to pack his bags and leave for Exile Beach immediately and could not compete in tonight’s reward challenge. However he could take part in the immunity challenge.

Ok so I am just catching up. The necklace Steve is wearing that many thought was a hidden immunity idol was the dead man walking necklace.

what was the logic behind the brian/shonella alliance voting steve out this tribal when he had 2x tribals of dead man walking? they have just handed the other alliance an extra vote at the next tribal. they should have either voted sharn out or made her the dead man walking the previous night.

that said, won’t miss steve, he added nothing to the show, complete goat, barely fought to stay and some of the things he said at tribal were pretty hypocritical.

Brian is is a very interesting position with his immunity idol. he should deliberately be an asshole and get everyone to vote for him then use it, maybe let shonee & fenella in on the plan and test monicas loyalty.

I dont think the contestants this season have much strategy. Monika is the worst, flip flopping all over the place.

1 Like

I don’t really get this. She hasn’t really flipped at all. She has always stuck to her alliance with Brian and always voted the person who got eliminated. She might seem stupid but so far she is the smartest player.

flip-flopping and being used as a number/swing vote can be a good strategy, in 2016 kristy flip flopped her way to being sole survivor. I think it is a lot more difficult to pull off than it seems, the contestant needs to openly play both sides and never make an enemy.

tens promo made it seem like monica made some game changing move, ended up voting with her aliance, wtf was that?

1 Like

No she’s not. She is unstable and playing both sides which is stupid. Don’t sit there and vote one way then have a cry about. Also making the other alliance think you are back with them then not voting that way is only going to have a lot of people not like you at the end. Regardless of how shes voted she is playing both sides which is dumb. If you pick a side stick to it.

Sian is the only real gameplayer left and maybe Brian in the last few eps. Although I can’t stand Brian. Actually I can’t stand most others left. Particularly Shonella. All they do is sit there and giggle. They do nothing around camp and have not made any strategic decisions themselves. Such useless floaters. Get them off. These two BFFs make a mockery of Survivor.

1 Like

That strategy has won the game before. Hasn’t it?

I don’t really think that’s the reason why she was crying. After 40 odd days your head is sure to go a bit crazy. And without food I would have been crying 12 hours into the game.

With Monika it is not a strategy. She is not smart enough to be strategical. We can see her emotions are coming into play and she is second guessing everything that she is doing because of that.

It is the reason she was crying. She said herself that she struggles with that fact that she has formed bonds with people ad then has to lie or vote them out. Harden up princess or don’t go on Survivor.

1 Like

Is that a real word? I would just say strategic.

You do realise this show is edited right?

It’s an adjective. Both are correct, however strategic is probably more commonly used. But thanks for your contribution.

No I didn’t. :thinking:

2 Likes

I just think your basing your opinion on only what you are seeing. We didn’t see conversations about splitting the vote in case of an idol on exile. Or conversations after she chatted to Sharn. The show wanted us to think Monica was ditzy and stupid. I guess it worked for you.

Of course I’m commenting on what I’ve seen. We can’t comment on anything we havn’t seen…

Plus for the record, there was mention during the episode by Brian of splitting the vote. You must have missed that.

2 Likes

Oh i did miss that. I understand you can comment on what you see. But you can look further. You have watched a lot of reality and discussed editing before. In fact, you commented on the edit of Shonnee.